• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015: Stage 12: Imola – Vicenza (Monte Berico)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A trademark win for Phil. Good to see. Porte and Aru under pressure at the finish but nothing that will change the overall result of the race. Most people predicted a win for Contador before the Giro and it's gone to script apart from the shoulder problem. For all the talk of Astana being the strongest team they still have struggled to drop Porte and Contador although the third week should provide more fireworks if Aru drops as much time in the TT as expected and Porte and Uran make good time on him . At the moment Contador looks immovable and could consolidate in the TT on all of his rivals if he can find a comfortable TT position without causing too much pain in his shoulder.

Re: Re:

observer said:
WheelofGear said:
Jagartrott said:
Nah, because for example Cavendish doesn't have that champion look in my eyes, even though he won tons of races and was world champion. Also Froome or Gerrans or somesuch - they just don't have 'it'.
That's definitely subjective. I think Cavendish has "that look". Like he was meant to be a super-sprinter.

How many riders would you say have the memorable look you are talking about?

degenkolb has that look i think

I agree. Funny thing about Degenkolb is that he is also a very nice guy. Very social.
Well atleast that's how he comes across to the outside world.

Usually big champions with that alpha male look are quite egocentric.

Imo Contador doesnt really have that look as well, but he certainly is a big champion.

Re: Re:

What an awesome shot:

11233090_10152985623849492_782914460845631565_n.jpg

TRENDING THREADS