• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Amsterhammer said:
I'm sick that Kruijswijk couldn't take the blue.

Yeah I feel sorry for him. If hee and Intxausti made the break today and fought it out from there, then he may have had it. Although Kruijswijk wouldn't have been allowed to get too far up the road, we saw that if you had a minute at the climb, you could hold on. All he would have done was just followed Zakarin's wheel and they would have done it. He did the right thing in waiting, but after seeing how this stage panned out, getting into the early break would have been better. Hindsight is a ***.

Re: Re:

Ramira said:
ggusta said:
FCKAC said:
AC is getting old day by day, recovery is always going to be a problem for him

Maybe astana can teach AC their secrets of recovery.

First, the Clinic is that way.

Second, it's not like it's just Astana. Contador is also getting dropped by Kruijswijk and Hesjedal. Clearly today is far more about Contador struggling than Landa/Aru being great.
Third Aru didn't recover after those previous stages .

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Now Martinelli let him (Landa) ride. Too lite too late. God am I pissed about that grandpa with fozen brain-cells.

Cant blame him either. They had two options and tried to benefit their appointed captain as long as possible. Also probably under the impression Contador would be invincible.

Hindsight is always a beautiful thing.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
At least we know that he has a lot improvement in him before the Tour. I'm totally positive that he will be a lotter better there.

We know that he is a level below last year, he said so himself. I just hope that he can find 2014 form before the Tour.

Re:

Rollthedice said:
With this kind of team Berto might as well skip Le Tour.

Don't think the team will be that much of a problem in the TDF. Not only will Contador's team probably be quite a bit stronger, there will also be more than one challenger, so he'll always be able to find someone's wheel.

I'd be a lot more worried about Contador's form, if he had his normal legs today wouldn't have been an issue. Landa would've jumped and he would've followed.

Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Now Martinelli let him (Landa) ride. Too lite too late. God am I pissed about that grandpa with fozen brain-cells.

Cant blame him either. They had two options and tried to benefit with their appointed captain as long as possible. Also probably under the impression Contador would be invincible.

Landa could have attacked yesterday. I didn't see the stage but i guess he was held back?

TRENDING THREADS