• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 7: Grosseto – Fiuggi 264 kms

From Eshnar's Stage Analysis Thread:

Stage 7: Grosseto – Fiuggi 264 kms

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_07.jpg

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_planimetria_07.jpg

Start time: 10:25, May 15th

Analysis:
Longest stage of the race, the first of a series of three very demanding stages. Starting in Grosseto, the riders will face a long journey without too many objective difficulties, but with a complicated finale that comes after 250 kms on the saddle. Between the lots of false flats and little ramps of the stage, only one has been categorized, the GPM4 climb to Monterotondo (2.5 km at 5.1%). However, they could have also categorized some more hills, just as they could have done pretty much in every stage. As I said, the finale is all that matters here. At roughly 20 kms to go, The peloton starts climbing an uncategorized bump of approximately 5 kms at 5%. After some false flat at the top and a straightforward descent, there's another bump, this time 5 kms at 4.4%, after which there are only 5 kms to go. The last km goes up again, with increasing gradients topping at 5% right at the end.

oCQTOS9.png

Expectations:
This is a Milano-Sanremo-like course, and as such I expect the strong sprinters to take charge and bring everybody to a sprint, possibly reduced. However, being a long day, everybody may be tired enough for the attackers to have concrete chances to win.

Post away!

Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
classicomano said:
SafeBet said:
Tom Boonen for me.
How, really how?
Hugo Koblet said:
SeriousSam said:
Never. Boonen can no longer sprint.

What? He's still a pretty good sprinter.
No.

This year alone he's beaten Sagan, Kristoff, Bouhanni, Demare and Guardini in sprints :rolleyes:
Well now youre being really selective haha. Anyway, have you seen him sprint these 2 stages? Hes LITERALLY going backwards, im not kidding, the moment he "accelerates" in a sprint his bike turns around and starts going the other way. Its really emberassing for him.

classicomano said:
Hugo Koblet said:
classicomano said:
SafeBet said:
Tom Boonen for me.
How, really how?
Hugo Koblet said:
SeriousSam said:

No.

This year alone he's beaten Sagan, Kristoff, Bouhanni, Demare and Guardini in sprints :rolleyes:
Well now youre being really selective haha. Anyway, have you seen him sprint these 2 stages? Hes LITERALLY going backwards, im not kidding, the moment he "accelerates" in a sprint his bike turns around and starts going the other way. Its really emberassing for him.

Well of course I'm selective. I'm showing you the sprinters that the guy who "can't sprint" and "is going backwards in sprints" have beaten this year.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

classicomano said:
Hugo Koblet said:
classicomano said:
SafeBet said:
Tom Boonen for me.
How, really how?
Hugo Koblet said:
SeriousSam said:

No.

This. I was shocked seeing him sprint at the Giro. Was hilarious to witness.

TRENDING THREADS