• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2017 rumours - Il Centesimo

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ricco' said:
MatParker117 said:
Only two Italian teams could receive wildcards apparently Gazprom apparently has one, the other one would be CCC.

Bardiani won the Italian Cup so they are guaranteed too.

So if that is true, Androni, Wilier and Nippo fight for the last spot. So Pozzato, Cunego or both will be left out of the 100th Giro.
Letting Pozzato appear on Italian TV in a post stage show everyday instead of having him race would probably be the better deal for the sponsors. :D
Overall I agree 100% with staubsauger when it comes to the various teams that should/could get a wildcard for the Giro.

Willer also has Fedi, Martinez, Mosca and Belletti too. Nippo only really has Cunego and Arredondo, and Santaromita. CCC has Ponzi and Paterski as well as Hirt. It's a tough call to make for vegni. Hopefully either Nippo or Willier. I don't really mind between them, but I want Androni to go.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Ricco' said:
Giro Wildcards:

Bardiani
Wilier
CCC
Gazprom

If I was Savio I was going to be really pissed off. Bernal, Gavazzi, Vigano, Palini, Cattaneo aren't enough to secure a place. What will CCC give to the race apart from the sponsor money?

Awesome news!

Too bad I left Hirt out of my CQ team.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

DNP-Old said:
This is an outrage. I count not one, but two teams who have no business in being selected over Androni.

Outrage?

Their best rider, PALINI Andrea scored only 343 CQ points last year ... yeah right, super high quality team. :cool:

Jancouver said:
DNP-Old said:
This is an outrage. I count not one, but two teams who have no business in being selected over Androni.

Outrage?

Their best rider, PALINI Andrea scored only 343 CQ points last year ... yeah right, super high quality team. :cool:

Torres
Gavazzi
Palini
Vigano
Bernal
Taliani
Frapporti
Benfatto
Ballerini

Almost certainly a better team than any of the selected will present.

Ricco' said:
Jancouver said:
DNP-Old said:

Outrage?

Torres
Gavazzi
Palini
Vigano
Bernal
Taliani
Frapporti
Benfatto
Ballerini

Almost certainly a better team than any of the selected will present.
B-b-b-b-but CQ points!

pastronef said:
Mayomaniac said:
What a joke, RCS is worse than ASO, at least ASO support the French PCT teams.

I think the pay-to-ride problems didnt help Savio's team. I never liked them though, actually I never warmed to any Italian pro conti team

Well, Wilier (and Bardiani, but they are automatically selected) also are implicated in that scheme, so it's not a very strong point to justify their exclusion.

All that *** talk about being Italian ain't enough to secure a Giro wildcard. And then they invite Wilier Triestina mainly because their team leader is Marcezko! Pathetic.

At least Savio used his riders to attend sponsors for his team. Wilier was involved in pay to ride heavily as well. Yet, only Savio pays the check.

Bernal and Torres alone should've been enough to invite Androni Giocattoli to animate the mountain stages. That team honored the Tour of Italy in so many editions. What has YelloFluo done for the race since 2013? Just like nothing!

That's almost certainly the final nail in the coffee for Gianni Savio. CCC & Wilier Triestina instead of Androni Giocattoli ain't no good at all! :(

Ricco' said:
pastronef said:
Mayomaniac said:
What a joke, RCS is worse than ASO, at least ASO support the French PCT teams.

I think the pay-to-ride problems didnt help Savio's team. I never liked them though, actually I never warmed to any Italian pro conti team

Well, Wilier (and Bardiani, but they are automatically selected) also are implicated in that scheme, so it's not a very strong point to justify their exclusion.

RCS should have gone with CCC, Gazprom, AquaBlue, CajaRural. et voilà :D

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

DNP-Old said:
Jancouver said:
DNP-Old said:

Outrage?

Gavazzi had 770 points so there's that. Cut the crap.

You are correct, I missed that when I was looking at the team.

Well, either way, Savio is a piece of s**t and the Italian cycling scene will be better off without him