• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 10: Lanciano – Tortoreto 177 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Actually surprised there were only 2 positives considering Yates rode with the virus for nearly a week, a shame Steven K is out but still better news than I was expecting.

And yeah saying Almeida has won this race is just silly, if the race is cancelled there will be no winner.

This is such a shitshow. Why on earth didn't they use the same bubble approach as in the Tour. Kruijswijk gone is a travesty. Still hope the race won't be cancelled but honestly...at this point it would be understandable

Don't they, though. The way I understand it, the only difference from the Tour is the absence of a strict "two strikes - within a week - and you're out" rule, and M-S is basically applying that rule on their own accord anyway.

Actually surprised there were only 2 positives considering Yates rode with the virus for nearly a week, a shame Steven K is out but still better news than I was expecting.

And yeah saying Almeida has won this race is just silly, if the race is cancelled there will be no winner.

You don't know if Yates rode with the virus for nearly a week - That is pure speculation which will probably never be resolved.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The strategy will probably to test everyone again soon (tomorrow?). If more positives arise, they may well decide to cancel the rest of the Giro. And chances are that the Vuelta won't even start.

My belief is that with all stage races then you should randomly test one rider and one staff member from each team every day, while still continuing the regular testing on rest days and symptomatic testing as in the S.Yates case.

TdF had 6 positives too, race didn't get interrupted, so I don't think Giro will either.

Wasn't it 5, unless I am missing someone? Or even 4, if we consider that Prudhomme was outside the race bubble. Here it's 8 in a single round + Yates before. Ok, M-S is the team with a majority of the positives, but as mentioned already, rider positives on 3 different teams make it a slightly different situation.

TRENDING THREADS