• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 11: Porto S.Elpidio – Rimini 182 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
People complaining about Giro field when the best French rider skipped Tour to ride Giro smh.

Certainly the winningest French rider. But he's beating up on the Little Sisters of the Poor here.

(I'm a big fan of Demare; every year it seems he takes a small step from dominating races like the Three Days of Some Godforsaken Mining Town in Picardie to shining in GTs etc.)

Certainly the winningest French rider. But he's beating up on the Little Sisters of the Poor here.

(I'm a big fan of Demare; every year it seems he takes a small step from dominating races like the Three Days of Some Godforsaken Mining Town in Picardie to shining in GTs etc.)

I'm not a fan of Demare, but I love the Three Days of Some Godforsaken Mining Town in Picardie.

Yep. He just gotta do it on his own again since the team said the maglia ciclamino is not the priority but the GC and the podium conquest is, with either Majka or Konrad, whoever feels better in the 3rd week...
To be fair, he's spent a lot of time in recent weeks getting the team to work their tails off and then not being able to deliver the win at the end, and the race he actually won was the one where it was all him, so maybe that would be for the best for him.

And one of them just rode the Tour.............still I think Demare has earned himself a Tour ride next season. It would be silly of Groupama to turn down potential stage wins when the team leader's history in grand tours is so erratic.

Last edited:
This Demare show is getting boring... Mountains cannot come soon enough!!! Congrats though, he deserved the win today.
Yes, an amazing race!!! But yesterday Sagan won, solo :hearteyes:

I think many will remember Demare winning 4 maybe five times this Giro but each stage will be forgettable, but most everyone will remember the Raid by Sagan yesterday. Many will fondly remember the whole race from keeping Demare's team at bay and the elimination by Sagan of his competitors one by one and even the attack by Bilboa to try to catch Sagan or even the Bjerg Oooops I mean McNulty getting away from the group. but almost no one will remember much about Demares wins even though he is doing great this Giro. Sprints need to be in these GTs and sprinters are memorable but most sprint stages are how they unfold aren't often memorable.

Reactions: richwallone

TRENDING THREADS