• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 16: Udine › San Daniele del Friuli (229k)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Meanwhile, on Eurosport, Rob Hatch continues to slobber over Tao, with Brian Smith also groveling at the altar. :tongueclosed:
[/QUOTE]

That's a lifelong problem everytime I like an Anglophone rider since I spent my whole cycling-watching life with English Eurosport. (Un)Fortunately it disappeared this year from my paid subscription list so I am forced to stay with RAI and can keep liking Tao

I love the RAI usually.

Maybe it's because I don't speak Italian.
Pancani-Martinello was a great team.
Now they have De Luca (who is just bad and IMO the main problem) and an introvert like Bugno, who has never commentated before the Giro...
Durning the last 2 years the commentary durning the Giro has become too nationalistic and chauvinistic for me, I have a hard time listening to them.
If they pick Pancani and Giada Borgato for next year you have a really good team, they did a great job durning the WC and the classics, Pancani-Saligari was also a solid duo durning the Tour.

One may think the absence of compatriot riders would make the broadcast comment free of bias, but no... there's always someone to cheer for and (more annoying) dislike.
That's been the case at the beginnings of domestic ES commentary here.
The approach developed during the "enlightening" years.

One may think the absence of compatriot riders would make the broadcast comment free of bias, but no... there's always someone to cheer for and (more annoying) dislike.
That's been the case at the beginnings of domestic ES commentary here.
The approach developed during the "enlightening" years.
Best commentary is a language you don't speak where you get automatic subtitles in English.

He certainly does but Hatch and Smith are getting nauseous about it.
Might finally get round to sharpening up my Italian for next season. Dutch is just too hard.
A couple of days back Hatch would have you believe that Rowe was equal favourite to Sagan if the stage came back to a sprint.
It must be awful depressing for casual UK fans to turn on the TV and think you have a race favourite every day only to find out hours later that Dam Mclay or whoever never actually had a chance

• Haha
Reactions: BlueRoads
Pancani-Martinello was a great team.
Now they have De Luca (who is just bad and IMO the main problem) and an introvert like Bugno, who has never commentated before the Giro...
Durning the last 2 years the commentary durning the Giro has become too nationalistic and chauvinistic for me, I have a hard time listening to them.
If they pick Pancani and Giada Borgato for next year you have a really good team, they did a great job durning the WC and the classics, Pancani-Saligari was also a solid duo durning the Tour.

Bugno is the one with the nervous voice?
Anyway chauvinistic vibes are the easiest thing to detect even without understanding the language :D But at least you don't have to digest every cringe of it

This is a snoozer... Peloton isn't at all interested to catch them... Understandable, tougher stages coming up, saving energy... The break will take it... If they stay together, Vendrame or Swift will take it.

Yeah, I don't usually complain about stuff like this, because I don't think there's any point in denying this sport is generally a bit boring.

But today's stage is really disappointing, maybe I should switch to the Vuelta.

Reactions: richwallone

TRENDING THREADS