• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 16: Udine › San Daniele del Friuli (229k)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is a snoozer... Peloton isn't at all interested to catch them... Understandable, tougher stages coming up, saving energy... The break will take it... If they stay together, Vendrame or Swift will take it.

I think this final is hard enough that we'll see still two races, have hope..

Yeah, I don't usually complain about stuff like this, because I don't think there's any point in denying this sport is generally a bit boring.

But today's stage is really disappointing, maybe I should switch to the Vuelta.

There's 70km to go... what does the middle 30 mins of a marathon look like?

Yes, the guy has never been a commentator before and they send him right to the Giro, he's also not a big talker and an introvert, go figure...

He always sounds like he tries too hard to be calm.

Anyway, I never expect a lot from GC guys in a GT in a stage that looks good for a last stage in a one-week race with expected very tiny gap in GC, unless it comes early in the GT before the classification look shaped up. Of course I always hope I'm wrong.

He always sounds like he tries too hard to be calm.

Anyway, I never expect a lot from GC guys in a GT in a stage that looks good for a last stage in a one-week race with expected very tiny gap in GC, unless it comes early in the GT before the classification look shaped up. Of course I always hope I'm wrong.
I think the problem is the GC is set with the strongest teams in the lead and the guys who might light this up without legs to go crazy.

And this being before a big mountain stage that can turn out really tricky doesn't help

Pancani-Martinello was a great team.
Now they have De Luca (who is just bad and IMO the main problem) and an introvert like Bugno, who has never commentated before the Giro...
Durning the last 2 years the commentary durning the Giro has become too nationalistic and chauvinistic for me, I have a hard time listening to them.
If they pick Pancani and Giada Borgato for next year you have a really good team, they did a great job durning the WC and the classics, Pancani-Saligari was also a solid duo durning the Tour.

well said.
two days ago Pancani did the Ronde with Giada and they're a different level of excitement.
De Luca makes everything sound like Tre Valli Varesine , and Bugno, I feel sorry for him, but he's just too bland and predictable...like Magic Johnson on twitter lol.

yep, Saligari is also good, both behind the static mic and on the motorcycle. I never tried following cycling with a different language but I should try danish and dutch just to catch the tone and style

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rick

TRENDING THREADS