• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 16: Udine › San Daniele del Friuli (229k)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And looks like he was the better climber, too... Slovenians are killing it this year!!!
He is not a better climber. He can just push better watts for a short period of time and had a more measured effort on the last climb so he saved more energy while O'Connor went into red trying to chase him down.

It's not just this year. The raise of Slovenian cycling has been gradual for the last 5 years or so. Even before if you followed more closely. Then of course comes Pogačar and we can end talking about gradual raise lol

Reactions: richwallone
He is not a better climber. He can just push better watts for a short period of time and had a more measured effort on the last climb so he saved more energy while O'Connor went into red trying to chase him down.

It's not just this year. The raise of Slovenian cycling has been gradual for the last 5 years or so. Even before if you followed more closely. Then of course comes Pogačar and we can end talking about gradual raise lol

Was a bit sarcastic but I didn't make it clear in my post... :p

Surely Bondone isn't harder than Col de la Madeleine
Madeleine was 17.1 km at 8.4%, Bondone from Aldeno is 22.5 at 6.4% (mostly because of 3 flattish kms in the middle of the climb). So yes, not as hard, but comparable, and that was a bit my point, not really much discussion on Bondone while Madeleine was very hyped.

(By the way it's not the regular Bondone side, which I agree, would be way easier than Madeleine)

TRENDING THREADS