• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, Stage 2: Alcamo – Agrigento 149 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think Sagan did very well there, honestly. Okay, he screwed up the sprint a bit but Ulissi would win in any case due to him getting a bit of a breather which Sagan didn't.

I had expected Sagan to be 15th or something like that. Very encouraging climbing level.

I thought so too, he showed a lot of strength and did well to come across but this was basically a stage made for Ulissi and he made the decisive move and had a chance to rest up for the kick.

It's not like Ulissi is a chump he knows how to win.

Bodes pretty well for Sagan across the race given people seemed convinced Michaels (Matthews...) would be here but was blown out yet again

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
I thought so too, he showed a lot of strength and did well to come across but this was basically a stage made for Ulissi and he made the decisive move and had a chance to rest up for the kick.

It's not like Ulissi is a chump he knows how to win.

Bodes pretty well for Sagan across the race given people seemed convinced Michaels would be here but was blown out yet again

Matthews still doesn't know that attacking or following attacks is an option.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS