• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, Stage 3: Enna – Etna 150 km

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
33 Big Photos from Stage 3 (more to come) — corvos/rcs
http://www.steephill.tv/2020/giro-d-italia/photos/stage-03/

115-CORVOS_00032578-018.jpg

281-_FF62739.jpg

290-_ALP2795.jpg

http://www.steephill.tv/2020/giro-d-italia/photos/stage-03/

Unbelievable. Who in their right mind thinks its a good idea to lob bottles on the ground right among the peleton, especially when going quickly down hill?

I don't think anyone thought it was a good idea, because it was in the neutralised roll out at the start of the stage. No-one is jettisoning bottles having fonished then that early: I presume it just wasn't pushed far enough down into a pocket and slipped.

Wow! Usually, the Etna stage is a dud: not this time around. Get well GT: that crash was scary. And yet another crash in '20 with GC implications: (expletive)

Abracadabra...and just like that, Nibali sees two of his biggest foes lose a ton of time. He seems to be getting stronger and on the way to hitting his peak. Birdsong looked great today, Wilco can be a tough customer, Kruijswijk didn't look too great but limited his losses. And there's Pozzo. You have to have a great Pozzo to have a great Giro.

Did Castroviejo attack because Geoghegan-Hart had indicated that he was not up to staying with the main men and replace Thomas as a GC contender, or did Geoghegan Hart lose the chance to replace Thomas as a GC contender when Castroviejo abandoned him to make an attack?

Wow really happy to see a fellow portuguese in the top step of a GT being the best so far, not even a case of random breakaway takes the lead! :)

Anyway, I obviously don't expect him to win, I think a top10 would already be a great result, a bit like Sivakov took last year. Nevertheless, I think he's looking forward to take a stage somehwere so GC might not be such a big goal although I would like to see a consistent stage by stage performance.

The time gaps are clearly going to be huge in this race. Already after only 3 days the 50th on GC is over 10 minutes behind.

My predictions for Tour GC went well but the picks have jinxed the riders here.

1. Thomas - crashed, already out of GC
  2. Yates - cracked oddly and 3.30 lost. Very little chance now
  3. Vlasov - Good TT effort then out on day 2 with illness

Nibali to win this bike race. Apologies to Shark fans but I would prefer to see a new winner.

TRENDING THREADS