• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, Stage 3: Enna – Etna 150 km

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So Narvàez now hold the record as the only Ecuadorian WT rider who has never won a Giro stage? Not bad.

Didn't watch properly yesterday even that I tuned in, only rewatched it this morning and felt some mid-Vuelta stage vibes in terms of riders' form, that I didn't understand where anyone's at, only that it's on a long steady climb instead of on a short-ish irregular one with obscene walls and short descents randomly popped up in the middle.
Also I realized that most teams' squad were thinly spread to the extreme among GTs this year. Hope it means interesting race with constant absent of control, not that we've never had an anarchic Giro before in recent time, but I don't think I've seen the (domestic) fields this weak.

Not sure about the decision to send Haig back to help out Yates.
I mean it might have kept him close enough to challenge for a podium if it was just a single off day but Haig could have been an interesting backup.
Although a lot of that is just curiosity on my part with how Haig would go riding GC, he has the talent to do well.
Consdering Hamilton was still in the lead group having him drop back would have bee a better choice.

I don't think anyone thought it was a good idea, because it was in the neutralised roll out at the start of the stage. No-one is jettisoning bottles having fonished then that early: I presume it just wasn't pushed far enough down into a pocket and slipped.
Guess it was just an unfortunate accident in that case. Anyone else see the short clip I saw on S4C of the back of the peleton (I guess around mid stage) all chucking their food litter at the same time creating energy bar confetti ? I know there are some rules for dropping litter but that just seemed to take the piss.

Guess it was just an unfortunate accident in that case. Anyone else see the short clip I saw on S4C of the back of the peleton (I guess around mid stage) all chucking their food litter at the same time creating energy bar confetti ? I know there are some rules for dropping litter but that just seemed to take the piss.
If that was within the litter zone, then it was exactly what they were supposed to do.

Reactions: thiscocks

TRENDING THREADS