• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2021 stage 16: Sacile - Cortina d'Ampezzo 212km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

??

• Total voters
Can someone from the forum that lives in the area go and clock the time difference?
Yeah!
Where's Mayo?
Winter cycling gloves and overshoes would make a big difference, but then you see the pictures of Quintana winning on Terminillo with snowfall wearing no gloves at all.
Hey!
What are you doing here?
Get out and bring us the time gaps.

• Love
Reactions: Volderke
They always complain about the cold on their hands and feet after these types of stages, I guess there is only so much you can do, maybe double socks and overshoes and possibly mitts and a pair of full cover gloves on top.
"... Usually in such conditions, he (Fignon) felt there was little point in even starting, but this day was different, as his personal soigneur Alain Gallopin had rubbed him down with the hottest Kramer balm, all over. “Legs, lower back, stomach. Oh my God. A (sic) hour before the start I was burning so badly that I had to get out of the car… it was foul but I didn’t feel the cold all day,” he said. ..."
William Fotheringham - The one that didn't get away (Procycling May 2021)

Is this Kramer stuff not available anymore?

To cheer some people here up, the last time Nibali went stagehunting on a shortened gt stage:
Nibali-Vinzenco27.7.2019Sieger-20.Etappe-TdF.jpg

If he wins on a shortened stage, Bernal bags the Giro. This is how things work.

• Haha
Reactions: Volderke
"... Usually in such conditions, he (Fignon) felt there was little point in even starting, but this day was different, as his personal soigneur Alain Gallopin had rubbed him down with the hottest Kramer balm, all over. “Legs, lower back, stomach. Oh my God. A (sic) hour before the start I was burning so badly that I had to get out of the car… it was foul but I didn’t feel the cold all day,” he said. ..."
William Fotheringham - The one that didn't get away (Procycling May 2021)

Is this Kramer stuff not available anymore?
i dont know now, but i can confirm that i used some stuff in early 2000s and i was super hot, we were in mountains with drizzle (snow+rain) cold,slightly above 0C and i didnt have any warm clothes because my skin was feeling like it was hot summer day

so they probably forgot the recipe in last 20 years

Reactions: starlord

TRENDING THREADS