• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2024 Stage 2: San Francesco al Campo – Santuario di Oropa (Biella), 161.0 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Today could be a good day for the breakaway however it depends on how UAE and Ineos handle things. I don't neither of them should chase for the stage win however I think UAE will do it and Pogačar will likely drop everyone on the final climb and take the leader's jersey.

Interesting to see if the riders that suffered more yesterday (Arensman, Bardet, Lipowitz) will manage to perform better.

Sad to see Gesink having to abandon another Grand Tour due to a crash.
Stage 2 is very easy to control. Almost a unipuerto stage so UAE won't have any problem with Oliveira and Laengen to control potential dangerous guys in the break.

Will someone win a farm animal today? Angus or maybe a Girolando would be very fitting ... (or is that another thread?!)
girolando-cow-breed-in-the-open-air-pasture-inside-the-farm_difgomez_Shutterstock.webp

Reactions: Sandisfan
I drove to Oropa in 2004. in the big round-shaped church there was a traditional religious music concert with hurdygurdy, violins, accordions, sung by a former Italian punk singer of a group called CCCP. we smoked a spliff in the back of the church in the cold mountain air after the concert.

Reactions: Rollthedice
Almost by accident. Unfortunate that he didn't grab the opportunity to drill it for a few minutes, it'd be hilarious to see UAE chase a 10 man break all day.
Today was a perfect day for them to do the 'get a man in the break and make sure it wins' tactic to make sure bonus seconds aren't in play at the end, they shouldn't lift a finger all stage but I'll give it 10 minutes before they have Ben Swift on the front.

Reactions: Slavique Nuke