• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Stage 12: Città Sant'Angelo - Porto Recanti (206km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
For a croatian newspaper Kiserlovski said that:" I don't expect that either Basso or Niball work for me beacuse that must desearved with his long work, but he expect a little more freedome. With this results after half of Giro I have realized that one day I can get in a final podium, This is my first race in Giro and I'm 23 years old and I have many things yet to learn. There is many mistake maid and I have to eliminate them, if I do that, then I will be "shooting" for high places. In first part of Giro I was working for my captains and in one stage (saturday) I lost some precious time because I have to wait for them. Maybe if that didn't happen , Maglia Rosa will be in my back. But I don't know how will my body react in third week because i didn't finish 3 weeks race yet." He will fight for defend his places, but he hoping to get TOP 10 in the end.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Kender said:
the speed of posting on this thread is a direct correlation to the excitment level of this stage

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

One normal GT stage after 11 stages and we're already complaining :)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It odes look like a bit of a rolling rest day today, which means probably a bunch sprint. Tyler Farrar to make it three? I wouldn't bet against it.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
some banal observations:

-Sky have managed to stay upright so far.
-the fast team ranking shows how terrible/insufficient BMC is in giving Evans assistance for the Giro.

Garmin currently driving to bring the break back. Looks like a sprint finish is most likely in the cards.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
taiwan said:

Larsson must be ill. He wasn't OOT yesterday, he was in the Pink Jersey group. This would be a day he'd have a job to do, with Porte in Pink and an unchallenging stage. A few days ago Larsson was very obvious almost physically pulling Porte over the line ahead of Nibali and others, and he was only about a third down the list on GC, which is fine for a worker.

On another note, "The Education of Steve Schlanger," I heard him say "Flens" with an unvoiced "s" just now. He's learning. He started the year last season pronouncing "Fabian" in the common American way, and in last year's Worlds he pronounced "Lars Boom" to rhyme with "jars" followed by the sound of a cartoon explosion. When he made a reference to Boom during the Cyclocross Worlds this year it was with an unvoiced "s" and to rhyme with "home"

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Ashtabula said:
Larsson must be ill. He wasn't OOT yesterday, he was in the Pink Jersey group.

Nah, Gazetta messed up. Rai (oh the irony of rai rectifying other people's mistakes) confirmed that Larsson is still with us.

Ashtabula said:
and in last year's Worlds he pronounced "Lars Boom" to rhyme with "jars" followed by the sound of a cartoon explosion. When he made a reference to Boom during the Cyclocross Worlds this year it was with an unvoiced "s" and to rhyme with "home"

Lars does rhyme with jars, with a slightly different r, and boom does rhyme with home.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
Nah, Gazetta messed up. Rai (oh the irony of rai rectifying other people's mistakes) confirmed that Larsson is still with us.

Lars does rhyme with jars, with a slightly different r, and boom does rhyme with home.

Laars rhymes with jars, Lars doesn't :p

May 20, 2010
Visit site
tgsgirl said:

I know, I meant to show his progress, from Boom!! to "Bome"

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
I'll take one of the obvious picks an say Pippo today.

Sorry about the misinformation re: Larsson, but I did give my source (CQ's twitter), at least.

Why's Farrar still in the Maglia Rossa? I thought he got docked 25pts yesterday. Was he just that far ahead of Evans?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:

Sorry about the misinformation re: Larsson, but I did give my source (CQ's twitter), at least.

Why's Farrar still in the Maglia Rossa? I thought he got docked 25pts yesterday. Was he just that far ahead of Evans?

Yeah, he had a huge lead but it is down to single digits now.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:

Yes, he was that far ahead. Prior to yesterday Farrar had 84 points while Evans had 52.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So the unvoiced "s" is not right, or no more right, than "larrz"

Anyway, neither Phil nor Paul seems to make the slightest effort to pronounce that rider's name correctly, even though he was on camera in ToC for much of the broadcast yesterday.