• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Stage 15: Mestre - Monte Zoncolan (222km)

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 15, 2010
Visit site
If the climb up the Grappa on Saturday was a beast, the Zontolan yesterday was just hellish. Respect is given to all riders who managed to make it up the climb yesterday. It was just an awesome sight. Basso was supreme yesterday. It shows you how strange a Giro this is that you can lose 10 minutes on a flat stage yet still be in second place with a week to go. The torture to these riders isn't ending yet. What a week we have lined up.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
toontoon said:
If the climb up the Grappa on Saturday was a beast, the Zontolan yesterday was just hellish. Respect is given to all riders who managed to make it up the climb yesterday. It was just an awesome sight. Basso was supreme yesterday. It shows you how strange a Giro this is that you can lose 10 minutes on a flat stage yet still be in second place with a week to go. The torture to these riders isn't ending yet. What a week we have lined up.

Basso is third right now, not second. I suspect he'll remedy that after tomorrow though.

auscyclefan94 said:
I found it quite funny actually. He acknowledged that Baso was the better man on the day. I thought evans could of played it a bit smarter by riding his own tempo instead of staying with basso and then collapsing.

It was my understanding based on a quote in a current cyclingnews.com feature that Evans did ride his own tempo. Basso just eventually upped his tempo to pull away from away from Evans. Evans never appeared to me to "collapse" or blow up. He just couldn't match the climbing speed of Basso.

Jul 7, 2009
www.dhbc.org.au
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I still like this picture better
9077o.jpg
The perfect smile of a drug cheat after he's powered up a 20% incline to win by over a minute ... he should have been banned for life, just like all the other drug cheats.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh dear, that's some coincedance in usernames - can I just say I'm from the other side of the country, where we get more sunlight to our brains because there's no layer of smug cloud blocking the light. :D

That said, for every Rabobank fanboy that signs up, God makes an Aussie sign up. :p

Tuarts said:
Oh dear, that's some coincedance in usernames - can I just say I'm from the other side of the country, where we get more sunlight to our brains because there's no layer of smug cloud blocking the light. :D

That said, for every Rabobank fanboy that signs up, God makes an Aussie sign up. :p

Cycling fans are always more than welcome...
Fanboys belong to some other category ( keyword is annoying ) :rolleyes: