• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GP Miguel Indurain - 2 April 2016

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:
Don't think Purito has to worry about selection for the Olympics, he and Valverde should be certainties regardless of their results unless they get ill/injured.

Not if you're best result is 11th in Catalunya.

I mean, guys like Dani Moreno, Ion, Navarro and others are banging on the door.

Even Sammy can still be there.

Lets chill until the second stage in Pais Vasco, maybe he has had some sickness, a bad day or whatever. 11th in Catalunya should indicate he is on the right path and with the route suiting him down to the ground, I cannot see him not winning one stage or at least get top-5.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Isaak-Gabriel said:
Arredondo said:
Isaak-Gabriel said:
By the way, where is Aigor Galdeano, the Basque clown of Twitter, 0 post for 5-6 months.

You mean Mr. Fiestina?

He was blocked by twitter because of a 'racist' tweet and deleted his account
Gosh, how this man who seemed very nice can turn like that, too bad. Thanks for the info.

To defend him, it was not a racist tweet in my eyes. A lot of people thought that too.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:
Don't think Purito has to worry about selection for the Olympics, he and Valverde should be certainties regardless of their results unless they get ill/injured.

Not if you're best result is 11th in Catalunya.

I mean, guys like Dani Moreno, Ion, Navarro and others are banging on the door.

Even Sammy can still be there.

Lets chill until the second stage in Pais Vasco, maybe he has had some sickness, a bad day or whatever. 11th in Catalunya should indicate he is on the right path and with the route suiting him down to the ground, I cannot see him not winning one stage or at least get top-5.

I expect a good result too. Based on how he finished the race, just chatting with Zandio, he took this race purely as training. Just like he did in 2012, for example.

But you never know ofcourse.

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Veeeeenga Ion! One of my fav riders, definitely. He almost never gets to win, did he really outsprint Henao on 8%? Anyways, seemed like a nice race, unfortunately I couldn't catch it (it was televised, aight?)

The last few hundred meters were very technical, once in there passing Izaguirre was very hard

Oh thanks. Just looked at the results and thought dafuq for a sec, Ion winning races is as rare as Gilbert winning these days. :p

Arredondo said:
Isaak-Gabriel said:
Arredondo said:
Isaak-Gabriel said:
By the way, where is Aigor Galdeano, the Basque clown of Twitter, 0 post for 5-6 months.

You mean Mr. Fiestina?

He was blocked by twitter because of a 'racist' tweet and deleted his account
Gosh, how this man who seemed very nice can turn like that, too bad. Thanks for the info.

To defend him, it was not a racist tweet in my eyes. A lot of people thought that too.

I felt so sorry for this guy...produced some very good stuff

made one stupid mistake ...mostly because of ignorance rather than malicious intent and he gets castigated on Twitter...The outraged masses with the holier than thou attitude were out in force...the vitriol was in hyper drive
If he had murdered someone I doubt he would have had the same reaction
Social media are full of people who love to hate rather than point out the latest line that cannot be crossed in relation to racism

Only the other day a student group at the British University wanted to ban a yoga class becasue it is "cultural appropriation " ???

No wonder he cancelled his accounts

DNP-Old said:
Brullnux said:
Why did Nairo DNF? Traning ride?
Because the race was pretty much over after the Izaguirre/Henao group got away.
fair
Anderis said:
Ben King 14th less than 3 months after he broke his fibula. Not bad.

And Moser hadn't been this strong in hilly race since 2013, I think?
Moser had glimpses, very very small glimpses but glimpses nonetheless last year. A couple of times in Poland he made it to the finale in the front group or thereabouts. Actually I checked he made it once, in Zakopane. He didn't even make the top 10 there :eek:

But he came 8th up Willunga last year, and 7th in the Cuddles race. Also 3rd on a Vuelta stage after being in a break, the one Schleck one. His best performance since 2013 was probably 10th in the WC ITT, but in a hilly race I think this is his best. Against a decent field too. He should be happy. A massive step in right direction. Next stop Brabanste Pjil.

TRENDING THREADS