• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grand Depart 2017 in Germany?

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I find contrarians in this forum when discussing parcours, especially for GT's - I continually read that GT's are for all round riders - Nothing wrong with one or two short mountain stages if they are placed correctly in the route - Should also include a TTT so that teams pick all-round teams - This all adds to the mix.

It's less than a day before the presentation and I still don't believe the rumors about the Izoard stage. I expected new rumors about that stage whenever I checked the velowire page, because I still can't imagine the ASO will make such a horrible last mountain stage. I just can't imagine that :eek:

Gigs_98 said:
It's less than a day before the presentation and I still don't believe the rumors about the Izoard stage. I expected new rumors about that stage whenever I checked the velowire page, because I still can't imagine the ASO will make such a horrible last mountain stage. I just can't imagine that :eek:
Are you going to watch? :D

Re:

McLovin said:
It's like Hautacam stage two years ago, so yeah, totally possible.
There was probably not much they could do but Vars - Izoard. The département wanted a MTF finish on Izoard, probably from the south to show off the Casse Déserte.

The stage would be better if they also climbed Izoard from the start, though. An easy 1st category and average HC alone, apart from some minor climbs, is indeed not enough.

The Hautacam stage was better than just Vars-Izoard, IMO. Tourmalet (E) and Hautacam are much harder than the Izoard stage most people seem to expect, and the valley in between is not sloping upwards. Racing was poor, though, but that was in part because Nibali had no competition.

20161018451_TDF17_CP_1000x666_Carte.jpg

TRENDING THREADS