• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Great lines posted by others

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Some good ones have come out of the race-day live threads. I don't know who wrote this back during the Menchov crash-fest in TdF '09, but I remember Menchov crashing over a painted mark in the road on a rainy day, and somebody here responding
What the hell Menchov? Don't they have white lines where you train?

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
I wish we could access Jeff Vader's stuff, his stuff on "Mike Ferrari" was classic.

Floyd's suggestion for his book title last year

Wonder Lance is great, but Jeff Vader will remain my favorite poster of all time. His work on slowtwitch and the old Lance Armstrong forum (was it tailwind's? I can't remember now, but it was the one they shut down right after some of us went there to play.) is legindary. His ability to hook people was amazing. WL isn't fooling anyone. Jeff Vader hooked so many people, he should be given a new bass boat.

I still chuckle every time I think about the discussion we had on slowtwitch regarding the usage of ferns in your work-out space.

A

Anonymous

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Not a poster line, but one I heard from one of my kid's christmas movies:

"You sit on a throne of lies! You're a fake!"
-Buddy the Elf

Might be off-topic, but it's certainly seasonaly-specific.

Merry Christmas, ye of the lone b*ll! Enjoy the New Year...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance = God.

Especially the one about Stallone's grandma, "Andrew giving his bike a service" and "Lance finished 3rd. Where did you finish?"

I didn't even notice the one nut in his avatar until someone pointed it out in this thread

Another great one is:

Scott SoCal said:
This must be a first.... the team bike gets banned for four years.

leftover pie said:
i heard this exchange once:

Originally Posted by lance
i don't care how much it hurts. you gotta ride tempo for me. there's no I in team

remember seeing another response to a "there's no I in team" comment. Can't remember who it was, but their comment was:

"yes there is, it's hidden in the T - you just need to look harder"

Gold!

Christian said:
I didn't even notice the one nut in his avatar until someone pointed it out in this thread

the link in his signature is pure genius - funny as f*ck!

• Haha
Reactions: gregrowlerson
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
He posted at cyclingforums, and a Lance Armstrong that was shut down, but I cannot remember the name of that one. He has posted here, but not under that name, and not very often...though I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were Wonderlance.
Paceline? I remember a thread about "Is TheArbiter a better troll than Vader from Paceline".

It was more of a great paragraph than a great line, but Doc M's send-up of Jan Ullrich written in the style of the LAFanboy was priceless. Spring 2010 maybe. Now where do I find that?

Archibald said:
the link in his signature is pure genius - funny as f*ck!

Yep. Thats when i realised he wasnt for real.

But how did i forget this. One of his greats:

WonderLance said:
Hey ladies.

Still noone can answer my question ha?

Too bussy trying to send me friend requests?

You regect greatness I regect you.

Theres also

WonderLance said:
Draging this thread out again? Still cant get over that Lance is out there curing cancer and not wading through Spanish abattoirs like your favourite rides?

Thats just sad. frowny face

3180366_std.jpg

But the piece de resistance, has to be this entire exchange between Wonder Lance, and Mont Ventoux - ACF.

WonderLance said:
Lance is the team, he can do what he likes.

Mont Ventoux said:
Exactly, select who'll look after his bar fridge in the closet,
who'll stand guard outside the hotel room door,
who'll benefit from the semi-annual Trek bike raffle.

With an ego as big as his, there's no friggin' way he can ride in anything smaller than a team bus!!!

Keep dreaming the nightmare fan-boy!

WonderLance said:
Lance finished third in the tour last year, where did you finnish?

auscyclefan94 said:
He was too busy hating others!

WonderLance said:
Lance was not hating on anyone, he was racing in the fight against cancer.

auscyclefan94 said:
I was not reffering to Lance!

WonderLance said:
This is the Lance Armstrong thread. If you're not refffering to lance I sugest you go elsewhere.

auscyclefan94 said:
I was reffering to the haters of LAnce. You were saying where did Mont Ventoux finish, I said he was too busy hating to finish!

WonderLance said:
You seem to be talking about non-lance related subjects still, are you having trouble following the thread? Please stick to the subject matter.

Mont Ventoux said:
Sadly my Finnish isn't as good as it should be.
I mean, I own a Nokia cell phone, and I really dig Scandinavian girls, but my Finnish isn't what it should be...

WonderLance said:
I like nokia too but those girls dont really look enough like my mother.

Susan Westemeyer said:
Wonderlance: You are not a mod. Please stop.

Susan

WonderLance said:
OK, I understand.

How do I become one?

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
the hitch said:
yep. Thats when i realised he wasnt for real.

But how did i forget this. One of his greats:

Theres also

but the piece de resistance, has to be this entire exchange between wonder lance, and mont ventoux - acf.

absolutely divine

A

Anonymous

pedaling squares said:
Paceline? I remember a thread about "Is TheArbiter a better troll than Vader from Paceline".

It was more of a great paragraph than a great line, but Doc M's send-up of Jan Ullrich written in the style of the LAFanboy was priceless. Spring 2010 maybe. Now where do I find that?

PACELINE!!!

Yea, that place was a fisherman's dream...

May 7, 2009
Visit site
My favorite Wonderlance post:

WonderLance said:
I appreciate the affectations and I apologise that i have not had time to post during the tour. As you understand this is a hard time for me hanging out by the bus hoping to catch a drop of sweat or other fluid on my face, not to mention maintaining several CN forum user names.

However you should really focus on the guy who is doing all the good things. LANCE. Not only has he been good enough to attend da tour this year to boost ratings and attract more money but he has been menotring young riders on how to be grat champions like him. He has given away gift after gift this year and ollowed others to have their time in the spot light.

He is truely a great champion, Im sure I we can agree on that.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Deagol said:
My favorite Wonderlance post:

Let me add, Lance sacrificied his dominance to Frank in suisse and al in francia with Al as a gesture to all young cyclysts everywhere, to have won 8 would have been to much for the record books.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
There is only one quote I care about
Through my illness I learned rejection. I was written off. That was the moment I thought, Okay, game on. No prisoners. Olsen's going down.

But since it is a festive time of year when we all gather around to celebrate our true lord and saviour of cycling, Lance, I will be chartable. This posts proves what haters can achieve when they let a bit of hope into their hearts.

Cheers Krebs

Mr. trouble never hangs around,
when he hears this Wonder sound,

Here I come to save the day!
That means that Wonderlance is on the way!

Yes sir, when there is a wrong to right,
Wonderlance will join the fight!

On the sea or on the land,
He's got the situation well in hand!

We know that when there's danger, we'll never despair;
Because we know that when there's danger he is there...
On the land on the sea in the air.

We're not worrying at all
We just listen for his call
"Here I come to save the day!"
That means that Wonderlance is on the way.

When there is a wrong to right,
Wonderlance will joint the fight
"Here I come to save the day!"
That means that Wonderlance is on the way!

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
A response from the above poster to the upcoming edition of Sports Illustrated should be very interesting.

"In space, no one can hear you scream..."

Christian said:
WonderLance = God.

Especially the one about Stallone's grandma, "Andrew giving his bike a service" and "Lance finished 3rd. Where did you finish?"

Another great one is:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
This must be a first.... the team bike gets banned for four years.

:D:D

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
jimbob_in_co said:
A response from the above poster to the upcoming edition of Sports Illustrated should be very interesting.

"In space, no one can hear you scream..."

Is that the magazine with all the half naked chicks?

thats where i get all my hard (on) hitting reporting from

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
WonderLance said:
Is that the magazine with all the half naked chicks?

thats where i get all my hard (on) hitting reporting from

One of my favorite quotes comes to mind:
"Keep laughing, Wonder boy."

[Here endth my 'battle of wits' with this empty, rusty kitchen sink.]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts