• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Great lines posted by others

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
The whole Is Footon Unbeatable thread deserves a mention.

Your wish is my command:

Thoughtforfood said:
Wow, Jim Beam has already been dropped from the roster according to Wiki. I guess not making the Tour team must have really affected him. Being excluded would land many a rider on the rocks, so I am guessing that he is straight up pi$$ed.

TFF really is one of the funniest posters on the site. Unlike me who tries to be funny, but isn't.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Jackhammer and CarbonCrank. Same guy? Funny stuff although I don't think he intended it that way.

Another great line was by RDV4ROUBAIX in the moderator thread (I think). Something like:
Relax. It's a warning not a tattoo.
Perfectly sums up the emotion some people invest in this forum.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
An instant classic. I may have to add this to my own signature. This one actually hurt me a little bit :D
Dr. Maserati said:
As for Hayles - was he altitude training? (Answer: No)
He recorded that HCT at a track event - maybe he stayed high up the banking for too many laps.

A

Anonymous

More Gold from WL...

Originally Posted by MD,FACG,FACP
Would you like me to post a link to the definition of the word idiot ?

Originally Posted by WonderLance
I don't know, your the one arguing on the internet.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Durianrider on the end of this one - More quality from WL. Not really a line more a paragraph but you cant edit it down without ruining it..

I looked at your blog, website and twitter and all the forums that you post on but I need more info about you and what you do. I would also like to see your very attactive girlfriend, I've only seen the one blury picture that you post everywhere over and over again. She must be very good looking and you must love her very much, I thought I saw her once riding with you and you made her tow a trailer and carry all the other gear but I must be mistaken because you are obviously a very good person and a great cyclist you won a cat 4 race which is pretty good vegan power!

Love Wonderlance.

The bit about the trailer is particularly good..

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cant forget a great line by Daniel Benson, Cyclingnews Editor. After some babble on twitter from Wonderboy about the downfall of cycling journalism because of a random misspelling in a Cyclingnews Article Daniel wrote

@dnlbenson
Daniel Benson
Apparently our spelling isn't up to scratch. So I organised a spelling bee at work. The word we all aced was corticosteroid.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Cant forget a great line by Daniel Benson, Cyclingnews Editor. After some babble on twitter from Wonderboy about the downfall of cycling journalism because of a random misspelling in a Cyclingnews Article Daniel wrote

Go dan! I laughed when I saw that comment!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

bee.jpg

Even though im not one of the people who thinks Richie Porte will be winning gts, or even contesting them, you cant help but laugh at this

Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah 7th because of a break that gave him ridiculous time. like I said without that not even top 20. not by a long shot

Take into account that "without that break "Porte would have been 11th, 30 minutes ahead of 20th place.

Now read it again :D

Not by a long shot.

• Haha
Reactions: gregrowlerson
All my contributions to this thread have been from the past, but these 2 recent posts deserve to be here.

flicker said:
Lance is like a tiger

simo1733 said:
Are you deliberately comparing lance to an endangered species being hunted to near extinction!

And this.
fishtacos said:
No Schlarmstrong conspiracy, huh?

Then how come if you rearrange the letters in "Leopard" you get "LA Doper"? :eek:

Hah! Answer THAT, fanboys!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance strikes DurianRider again! Once again, you can't cut down the post without hurting it so here it is:

WonderLance said:
hey man, i think this is one of the best vids you've ever done, it's got everything in it, YOU!

I've been a raw vegan for three months now and I got to say its the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I used to be really unhappy and I thought that I had to listen to people and respect them, I was a regular guy and thought nothing of it. Now after changing my diet I've become a sanctimonious, condescending ***, my girlfriend is now really hot and regularly fellates me (she says I now taste of kiwifruit). I'm devastatingly attractive, more so than brad pit cos that ugly mother eats road kill, and I get to ride with pro cyclists who come to see me for training advice and to get my autograph.

The only problem that i have is trying to balance being so fit, attractive, popular, smart, thin, fast, strong, healthy, righteous and perfect while blogging, writing, trolling, making videos, video blogging and video trolling. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to be me! As someone who has now had to deal with being perfect for many years what advice can you offer me?

hrotha said:
The Leopard > LA Doper thing was the funniest post of 2011.

But unfortunately it seems to have been immediately overtaken by WLs latest piece de resistance. (see martins post)

Its not the same acting stupid, misspeling words and names deliberately which i fell in love with, but i love how subtily breaks the fourth wall by fitting in "trolling" into his list of activities.

Brilliant:D

WL mocking Durain rider.

WonderLance said:
Mr durianrider.

Let me start by saying that I am really engoy what you write, especially how you write the same thing over and over again all over the internets. It is really important that everyone easts and does the same things as you otherwise they would all be doing the wrong thing which would be bad.

Secondly do you have some seminars or sumthing whech I can attend and can i follow you around while you do things cos you are obviously a very impressive person. I looked at your blog, website and twitter and all the forums that you post on but I need more info about you and what you do. I would also like to see your very attactive girlfriend, I've only seen the one blury picture that you post everywhere over and over again. She must be very good looking and you must love her very much, I thought I saw her once riding with you and you made her tow a trailer and carry all the other gear but I must be mistaken because you are obviously a very good person and a great cyclist you won a cat 4 race which is pretty good vegan power!

Love Wonderlance.

More brilliance about Lance
WonderLance said:
Ok guys I think its time for me to tell you a little story.

When I first got involved in cycling back in 2000 I saw this guy Lance who had had cancer and only had one nut and he was kicking the bums of people from countries that dont really exist (who's really ever been switzerland?) . I was like wow this guy has to be jacking something serious. But then I looked into cycling and saw all these cheaters who have ruined cyclings name, guys like Auntyquil, Mercks and Greg Lemon. Then I realized that Lance is doing it clean, he doest want to associate himself with these kind of people. He is better than that, he wants to show all those cancer sufferers that he can defeat cancer and germans without using drugs.

People who hate probably dont even own bikes they just sit on the interwebs and type bile (im standing as I type). The more I ride the more I like Lance because he has shown me that through cycling a balding middle age man can still pop one of the Olsen twigs. Ive been riding ten years and so far I've managed to get Bob Saget and John Stamos so I'm on my way.

WonderLance said:
Lance carrys the hopes and dreams of millions to the startline. They are heavy so he's going slowly at first but he'll get there.

Trying to get into "handbags" club
WonderLance said:
r Jo.

I like your club and i wish to join I have a handbag but am not a lady is this going to be a problem for your oganisation?

The forum is full of people who just want to hate on lance, they do not understand all the great things that the graeates cyclist off all time has done.

He also pulls all the hotest chicks, one day I want to pull a chick. It dosent even bother me if she looks like mom.

Livestrong.

More on Lance
WonderLance said:
Luxembourg? I don't know that one, is it in Missouri?

I'm sure he will kick *** anyway. Did you know that Lance recons stages before the Tour de Lance? Seriously he rides the whole thing before the race! What a legend.

dolophonic said:
Do us all a favor, avoid the whole site for a couple of years eh...

WonderLance said:
But then I wouldnt get to read all your quality posts. Sad face.:(
WonderLance said:
Its a faded one from the 09 Giro. Garbage race but great kit.

WonderLance said:
you haters really have to get over you daddy issues. The guy is a hero, he won the race that you all care about the most the first 7 times he attempted it. No one else will ever match his record in Pro cycling.

Surely he has earned his rightful place as THE legend of cycling, why would you all now drag his name through the mud.

WonderLance said:
this thread makes me happy.

Everyone knows the TDF IS the hardest race on earth otherwise why would Lance have chosen to only win it. Berty is obviously off form, he got betten by David Millars.

Lance is comming off a very strong showing in Luxerburge where he beat some of the best riders in the work. He will be kicking Berty a-hole in a few weeks.
WL gets outsmarted by mods.
WonderLance said:
This is cerncorship! I cannot stang a voilation of my liberty this is unconstitutional!

All I want to do is make things better for people like me and ACF who can recognise that our heros are infallable and good looking as well.

Martin318is said:
exactly what "Constitution" are you talking about?

Alpe d'Huez said:
soviet_old_soviet_union_flag.jpg

That's my guess. ;)

WonderLance said:
I think there are so many haters as moderators that it is only fair to have someone who knows the truth about Lance and Cycling to moderate the forum

but if you say so i must start a campaign to make ChrisE a moderator. He can be a moderator and I will be a Super mod or WonderMod.
Evens again
WonderLance said:
I am a big fan of Evens specialy now that Lance is spending more time with his friends in America. Cadel has shown us that he is realy good at trying hard and making toliet faces on the poduim. no other cyclist has the corage and tanacity to do this in the same way that Evens does.

I like how selfless he is always letting the other riders finish in front of him, it takes a very big man to do this (Auscycol cofirms to me that evans is infact a very big man) And always giving away any jersey he gets to another rider.

TRENDING THREADS