• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greg Lemond: Tour legend and anti-doping crusader

Bullets couldn't stop Greg Lemond. A bunch of little Lance muppets certainly won't.

Greg Lemond has taken the fight to Armstrong and the rest of the thugs that have infested the professional cycling world. All the nastiness that we see brought out by this endless stream of dingbleberries flowing out of the Public Strategies sewer or whatever intellectual backwater they inhabit is just proof that Lemond and Landis have hit a major nerve.

Chapeau, Greg. Don't pull any punches.

0730_large.jpg

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Bump this one.
Hey first time posters, all the smearing in the world won't change history or the testimony of Hamilton, Hincapie, Zabriskie, Landis, Steffen, O'Reilly, etc. etc.

Kennf1 said:
Bump this one.
Hey first time posters, all the smearing in the world won't change history or the testimony of Hamilton, Hincapie, Zabriskie, Landis, Steffen, O'Reilly, etc. etc.

When people read all of the personal attacks on this board, I am shocked that new posters would want to say anything at all. Why make a comment if you are going to suffer a personal attack. If you disagree with a person's point of view, disagree with what they have to say, but don't just attack a person for saying that.

2001racer said:
I just wish Lemonds brother in law was standing a little closer when he shot what he thought was a turkey...

Lemond was my hero. Hey I went to the 1986 worlds in Colorado Springs and have his autograph on the actual ticket. But dude... Just SHUT UP. I'm not in the camp of that everyone is clean OR everyone is dirty. But, don't you really think that Lance cold beat that many tests...? For that many years? If he's proven guilty then I'll be the first to condemn him. But if the doctors and the anti-doping agencies can't catch him, how can hearsay from an aging fat former hero of mine.

Hey Lemond, cycling gave you all the gifts in you lift. Appreciate it and shut the hell up. I say he's jealous of the money that's in the sport now. Just think how all the NASCAR guys from the old days feel about field fillers in the NASCAR races having their own jets...?

Not sure if that's the case or not, but, if I remember correctly, Lemond was the rider who started to demand the million dollar + salaries in cycling

2001racer said:
*** edited by mod ***

In all fairness I think his jealousy is well deserved, the argument of LA hasn't been proven guilty sounds more like when criminals walk free due to a technicality, Lance doped and everyone knows this, Lemond knows this, I'm going trough a similar issue at work where I did my best, got excellent results, now a fuc king cheater is beating my numbers, I think GL has all the right to vent out his anger, as for your oppinion which I respect, I think you have the right to defend your hero, like you said until proven guilty, maybe this is sooner than you think.

gatete said:
In all fairness I think his jealousy is well deserved, the argument of LA hasn't been proven guilty sounds more like when criminals walk free due to a technicality, Lance doped and everyone knows this, Lemond knows this, I'm going trough a similar issue at work where I did my best, got excellent results, now a fuc king cheater is beating my numbers, I think GL has all the right to vent out his anger, as for your oppinion which I respect, I think you have the right to defend your hero, like you said until proven guilty, maybe this is sooner than you think.

Just to point out, those 'technicalities' are actually rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
gatete said:

Hang in there on the work situation. I was in an MBA program at a pretty decent school and tried to get the faculty and administration to realize just how pervasive the cheating was. I walked out with my integrity and a diploma, but the cheaters got more out of it than I did, and their employers paid for the tuition, too. Take care.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Marva32 said:
When people read all of the personal attacks on this board, I am shocked that new posters would want to say anything at all. Why make a comment if you are going to suffer a personal attack. If you disagree with a person's point of view, disagree with what they have to say, but don't just attack a person for saying that.

Uh huh, like when people like 2001racer say *** edited by mod ***

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
I'm not from the US and don't know much about your constitution. The 1st one... is that the right to learn how to spell amendment?
Think Sarah Palin. Then go back and read his post ;)

Kennf1 said:
Uh huh, like when people like 2001racer say *** edited by mod ***
Okay, let me give this a try: I disagree with that statement.

I also disagree with what 2001racer said, I am also appalled by the statement. In this case, whether I agree with Lemond or not is irrelevant, I certainly do not condone statements advocating violence or wishing the death of somebody else.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
2001racer said:
Yes, you are correct. He did change the sport. My question is why the hell does he want to tear it down. What good is that going to do? My actual belief is that almost all of sport is dirty in some fashion. But if they are all dirty it's an even playing field right...?

This is where we differ. If we could purge all the cancers from cycling, the sport will immeasurably be better. The Hog, LA, McQuack, HV. If this means short term carnage, so be it. Cycling will always be there, grass roots and all. It'll recover and we'll always ride our bikes.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
2001racer said:
Was this the year he chased down Jacque Boyer only to get the silver medal at the worlds? Been a Lemond lover that long? Or are you just digging up old photos?

No, it's the year he out-sprinted Sean Kelly to win the Worlds for a second time.

Long time Boyer fan?

Marva32 said:
Just to point out, those 'technicalities' are actually rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.

yes you are correct, that is the right of every citizen of this great nation, the point is: the body is in the car, witness in place and the cop didn't miranda the perp, and all of the sudden the whole thing is inadmissible in court. Lance because of his "microdosing" has never being caught, but everybody knows he doped.

gatete said:
yes you are correct, that is the right of every citizen of this great nation, the point is: the body is in the car, witness in place and the cop didn't miranda the perp, and all of the sudden the whole thing is inadmissible in court. Lance because of his "microdosing" has never being caught, but everybody knows he doped.

I don't know, maybe its my 18 years as a criminal defense attorney, but as to 'everybody knows he doped', I'll wait for that to be proven in court.

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Marva32 said:
I don't know, maybe its my 18 years as a criminal defense attorney, but as to 'everybody knows he doped', I'll wait for that to be proven in court.

Curious--do you figure this comment makes you seem more or less intelligent? Please respond. Thanks in advance.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
How does Lemond say that things are cleaner now especially after some performances at the tour this year? Not trying to implicat anyone but I think he is talking shhit!

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Which performances are you talking about? I can't remember anything really suspicious imo.
Tut tut..you should know that in acf94's world anyone Spanish (or Dutch) who beats CE = suspicious. So doping was especially rife this year. :D

TRENDING THREADS