• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greg LeMond

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
LeMond ... just go away

Another LeMond blog entry, another page of "I did this, I did that, I am the greatest, me, me, me" ... I am ready for this guy to just sit in his rocking chair, getting up once in a while to go kick a dog or kid.

There, I feel better now ...

Jim Henson didn't have as many muppets as Lance.

oscar-the-grouch.jpg

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
hidesert47 said:
Another LeMond blog entry, another page of "I did this, I did that, I am the greatest, me, me, me" ... I am ready for this guy to just sit in his rocking chair, getting up once in a while to go kick a dog or kid.

Greg will not sit in the rocking chair till he kicks Hinault off stage at the post stage presentations at the tour...

You have been a member for 11 months and make your post now.
Wow. I have got to admit that is pretty good.

Makes me wonder how many people read our posts. When you look at threads you will often see something like 100 posts 6000 views. Many people write in their first post that they have been members for months and only join now. I myself spent the entire giro, despite not being a member yet, half watching eurosport, half with my eyes glued to every post written here, on big stages, pausing for 10 minutes the tv so i could read every post.

For many people we must be their guide to cycling:D, or at least respected commentators of a sort

Well probably not me but people like Libertine Seguros, Francois the postman, Dekker_Tifosi etc.

I wish Lemond would go away.
I wish Landis would go away.
I wish Hamilton would go away.
I wish David Walsh would go away.
I wish Betsy Andreu would go away.
I wish Michael Ashenden would go away.
I wish Jeff Novitzky would go away.
I wish Doug Miller would go away.
I wish Travis Tygart would go away.
I wish Pierre Bordry would go away.
I wish Damien Ressiot would go away.
I wish Pierre Ballester would go away.
I wish Bonnie Ford would go away.
I wish ESPN would go away.
I wish The Wall Street Journal would go away.
I wish The Washington Post would go away.
I wish ABC News would go away.
I wish Paul Kimmage would go away.
I wish Christophe Bassons would go away.
I wish Emma O'Reilly would go away.
I wish LNDD would go away.
I wish Jonathan Vaughters would go away.
I wish Frankie Andreu would go away.
I wish Richard Pound would go away.

I wish.....

Lance The Great said:
Greg....

Go away you sad, ignorant, pathetic, lonely, jealous little man, who spin lies, ignore, SPECULATE and contradict to keep getting attention until you realize you can't get out any more of your BS. You are one sad individual.

You are Pathetic.

Dude, you forgot "bitter".

C'mon now, this stuff is easy. Read the talking points, type the message, collect the check.

The Hitch said:
You have been a member for 11 months and make your post now.
Wow. I have got to admit that is pretty good.

Makes me wonder how many people read our posts. When you look at threads you will often see something like 100 posts 6000 views. Many people write in their first post that they have been members for months and only join now. I myself spent the entire giro, despite not being a member yet, half watching eurosport, half with my eyes glued to every post written here, on big stages, pausing for 10 minutes the tv so i could read every post.

For many people we must be their guide to cycling:D, or at least respected commentators of a sort

Well probably not me but people like Libertine Seguros, Francois the postman, Dekker_Tifosi etc.

Doubt they all take 'us' so seriously.
For between the readers, I'm certain there are professional cyclists.

I do know from experience that nearly all dutch professionals read the dutch cycling forums (wielrennen.prikpagina.nl). I can imagine a lot of professionals watching what the fans think of them. Remember the remark of Cavendish about internet forum people :D

Dekker_Tifosi said:

I do know from experience that nearly all dutch professionals read the dutch cycling forums (wielrennen.prikpagina.nl). I can imagine a lot of professionals watching what the fans think of them. Remember the remark of Cavendish about internet forum people :D

I bet you lance doesnt read us:p

I remember hearing something about dodger complaining about the internet putting pressure on one of the young australlians (am not sure which one) the day after there was a thread on this site building up that australian.

I do wonder what pros might read us.

But still, one of those threads i saw had like 40 000 views. Sure some of them might be pros, but the vast vast majority will be fans, and many will read what we have to say with an open mind. Nice to know.

Lemond's style throws me off. First you get the headline, then an article about something completely unrelated, then bam! It all comes together (rather awkwardly) in one final sentence. Just like with his first article, training, peaking, blah blah blah then UNEXPECTED TWILIGHT ZONE TWIST: Armstrong won't ride!

That said I wish he doesn't go away.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Lemond said he was molested as a kid. I think he has mental issues due to that, so I won't say anything bad about him. He was a great champion in his day, but all this talk is ruining his legacy and his involvement in the sport.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
hidesert47 said:

so do you have a spreadsheet to keep track of all your aliases and passwords? do you use the same password for everyone?

SilentAssassin said:
Lemond said he was molested as a kid. I think he has mental issues due to that, so I won't say anything bad about him. He was a great champion in his day, but all this talk is ruining his legacy and his involvement in the sport.

Aside from the needless reference to sexual abuse and the suggestion that he has "mental issues"?

Silent Assassin = POS

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

If you are a true pro you must not drink. What could be more entertaining then reading drunk people speak about you on forums.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
I wish Lemond would go away.
I wish Landis would go away.
I wish Hamilton would go away.
I wish David Walsh would go away.
I wish Betsy Andreu would go away.
I wish Michael Ashenden would go away.
I wish Jeff Novitzky would go away.
I wish Doug Miller would go away.
I wish Travis Tygart would go away.
I wish Pierre Bordry would go away.
I wish Damien Ressiot would go away.
I wish Pierre Ballester would go away.
I wish Bonnie Ford would go away.
I wish ESPN would go away.
I wish The Wall Street Journal would go away.
I wish The Washington Post would go away.
I wish ABC News would go away.
I wish Paul Kimmage would go away.
I wish Christophe Bassons would go away.
I wish Emma O'Reilly would go away.
I wish LNDD would go away.
I wish Jonathan Vaughters would go away.
I wish Frankie Andreu would go away.
I wish Richard Pound would go away.

I wish.....

Contador (for different reasons, though)
Filipo Simeoni
Zabriskie
Vande Velde

Edit: Lemond stay, BPC go away.....

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Aside from the needless reference to sexual abuse and the suggestion that he has "mental issues"?

Silent Assassin = POSITIVE

Ditto.

Just saying that he probably has issues...and you have to have issues by making it your life's work to go after Armstrong. It really is pathetic, that's a given...but I think it's deeper and can stem from his childhood problems.

TRENDING THREADS