• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greg Van Avermaet

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is 8 WT stage wins (not even counting GT stages) really just "a few"? (And only 1 of them was from the new WT races.)

It probably also matters that the WCRR win was historical.

Edit: That said, I think Greg had a better season as well, but if it wasn't for GW, probably not.

Re:

Brullnux said:
Greg Van Avermaet 2017:
Paris-Roubaix
Gent-Wevelgem
E3 Harelbeke
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
UCI World Tour
Tour of Luxembourg (less prestigious I know, but bear with)
2nd Strade Bianche
2nd RVV
2nd Quebec
4th Eneco Tour
Top 10s in Kuurne, Worlds, Montreal, San Sebastian and Plouay

Peter Sagan:
Worlds
Quebec
Kuurne
A tour stage
A few WT stages
2nd Omloop
2nd MSR
3rd Gent Wevelgem
Top 10s in Eneco Tour and Montreal

Who comes third in the Velo d'or? The man with the best classics season wince Canc 2013? Nah, Sagan cos he's funny.

Velo d'Or is a farse! They give way too much significance to GT (especially Tour) and WC winners. Van Avermaet this year and Valverde in 2015 are obvious examples.

Re: Re:

Dr. Watson said:
RedheadDane said:
I know this isn't a "fashion discussion" thread, but I'm honestly not so sure about that white suit...

At least it fitted him properly unlike someone...
Romain? :D :D :D
tUFHoOV.jpg

Re:

Brullnux said:
Greg Van Avermaet 2017:
Paris-Roubaix
Gent-Wevelgem
E3 Harelbeke
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
UCI World Tour
Tour of Luxembourg (less prestigious I know, but bear with)
2nd Strade Bianche
2nd RVV
2nd Quebec
4th Eneco Tour
Top 10s in Kuurne, Worlds, Montreal, San Sebastian and Plouay

Peter Sagan:
Worlds
Quebec
Kuurne
A tour stage
A few WT stages
2nd Omloop
2nd MSR
3rd Gent Wevelgem
Top 10s in Eneco Tour and Montreal

Who comes third in the Velo d'or? The man with the best classics season wince Canc 2013? Nah, Sagan cos he's funny.

Well. You know. Sagan did something which was not done since... ever. :razz:

Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
jsem94 said:
Romain also messed up in that picture by having loud *** white sneakers with that suit. Terrible. Looks like absolute horse manure.

Actually, he's pretty fashionable by today's standards.
nope. he isn't. that guy in the blue suit is.

No. He isn't. The only good thing about him is that the suits fits him well.
Change Cav cardigan with a black blazer and he will look the best. But even that will not be enough. At those ceremonies you're supposed to wear tuxedos. Or, in the worst case, a suit with a tie/bow tie and a handkerchief.

Strictly, in Romain case, a pair of black/brown/burgundy shoes with a fitting waistcoat would be much better. Not even hipsters wear sneakers at those gala's right now. I like that he didn't wear a belt like Bouhanni and Yates. It's making him look taller than he actually is.

I don't like him as a rider, but usually, Fabio Aru is spot on when it comes to outifts.

TRENDING THREADS