• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Change Voeckler to Rasmussen and you get the list of the five most disgusting riders around.

What's so disgusting about Rasmussen? He actually was robbed - both of victory in the Tour and the prime years of his career.

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Change Voeckler to Rasmussen and you get the list of the five most disgusting riders around.

Hispanic_newborn_baby_crying_BLD067330.jpg

i'm sure valverde has tones of threads in the clinic,please keep those discussions there.congrats for calling someone disgusting,i hope your mother is proud of you

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I really hate valverde. not because he doped but because he must be the most biring teamleader there is and he single handly destroys his entire team by having them all work for his sprint in every stage in every race. vakverde's vuelta win was the most ridiculous pathetic gt win since francesco moser

Ryo Hazuki said:
I really hate valverde. not because he doped but because he must be the most biring teamleader there is and he single handly destroys his entire team by having them all work for his sprint in every stage in every race. vakverde's vuelta win was the most ridiculous pathetic gt win since francesco moser

well this,i can't argue about it.
maybe there is hope and he will change his racing style,become an attacker like in his kelme days,difficult to happen though.hope cobo and quintana won't drag him uphill,that's what i'm afraid of.but i missed the guy.

Ryo Hazuki said:
I really hate valverde. not because he doped but because he must be the most biring teamleader there is and he single handly destroys his entire team by having them all work for his sprint in every stage in every race. Valverde's vuelta win was the most ridiculous pathetic gt win since francesco moser

Common!!! do you think this was pathetic? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu1eokIDxfs&feature=related

Forunculo said:
Contador wanted a status as indisputed leader in a team. And I think he deserved that. And Bjarne as SD is far better than Martinelli.

I don't think Martinelli had much choice about Vino's inclusion in the team/ tactics, Contador knew this so left when he got chance. Seems fair enough to me.

luckyboy said:
Made me pretty angry seeing the headline: Valverde - I Didn't Do Anything Wrong.

Ridiculous.

meh, would look even stupider now to go out and say "ok guys, ive just used thousands of dollars to prove that im not guilty and so i could race until 2010, now after my ban and i once again can start cycle again i just want to tell you that i actually did dope... yea, sorry guys

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
well this,i can't argue about it.
maybe there is hope and he will change his racing style,become an attacker like in his kelme days,difficult to happen though.hope cobo and quintana won't drag him uphill,that's what i'm afraid of.but i missed the guy.

he will never change his racing style because he's clean since 2006/7 and tata... he isn't a climber without the kelme juice

Vino attacks everyone said:
meh, would look even stupider now to go out and say "ok guys, ive just used thousands of dollars to prove that im not guilty and so i could race until 2010, now after my ban and i once again can start cycle again i just want to tell you that i actually did dope... yea, sorry guys

Could've said he was happy to be back and wants to concentrate on the future. Could've said nothing at all.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Could've said he was happy to be back and wants to concentrate on the future. Could've said nothing at all.

Exactly. Better to say nothing. All his words today amount to is an insult to our intelligence.

Here's hoping he wins fook all and isn't even on contention. Better still he gets caught with his pants down. That way he's out forever.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he will never change his racing style because he's clean since 2006/7 and tata... he isn't a climber without the kelme juice

He just miraculously finished third on the Angliru in 2008 and won the Vuelta in 2009. :rolleyes: He was never clean and won't be clean now.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
he's definitely clean after 2006/2007 fuentes and kelme stopped their organised doping. you can se ethe change of racing by him exactly from that time on. keep in mind he was 23 in 2003 when he killed all in mountains :rolleyes: you have natural progress with age so also valverde. but valverde clean in 30s at his physical peak is worse climber than ealry 20s unexperienced doped valverde

luckyboy said:

To be fair, the article comes from an interview he did with El Tiempo, here as linked in the original CN article.

The quoted response is to a very clear and direct question, ¿Entiende su sanción? Further queries in the interview include ¿Por qué el dopaje?.

It's clear that Valverde is going to have to answer questions about the suspension, and in some cases he's not going to be able to fob interviewers off with the much more palatable style of response that you outline.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Racing Calendar 2012

The racing calendar of Valverde for the first part of the season, if it wasn't posted before :

Cancer Council Classic (January 15)
Tour Down Under (January 17-22)
Challenge Mallorca (February 5-9)
Vuelta Andalucía (February 19-23)
Clásica Almería (February 26)
Paris-Nice (March 4-11) or Vuelta a Murcia (March 29 - April 4l)
Volta Catalunya (March 19-25)
GP Miguel Indurain (March 31)
Vuelta al País Vasco (April 2-7)
Amstel Gold Race (April 15)
Flèche Wallonne (April 18)
Liège-Bastogne-Liège (April 22)

Then he should rest before starting to build up for the tour. So i guess he might do the Dauphiné and of course the National Championships in June.