• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
He was in the big group with Devolder at the base of the Kwaremont. I don't know for sure, but pretty close to the top, there was one Movistar trying to follow when Cancellara set the pace with Stybar and Devolder, just before they overtook Boonen. That could have been him.

So in that case he nearly made it into the Cancellara group, not a shame at all to miss out in that phase, as Cancellara really hit hard there and only Stybar and Devolder were able to follow.

I saw him today riding along the Scheldt river with the Movistar equipe, approx. 20 groupies in his wheel.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing him in action in Pais Vasco against Contador.

Does anybody know what the course is gonna be like? I can not find the stage profiles anywhere.

I actually had a dream last night where I met Valverde. I complimented him on his most recent impressive wins at the GP Indurain and the Roma Maxima and told him he should've raced like that his entire career ;)

I'm not a fan of him, but I really appreciate these solo efforts from far out. So I guess that somehow made him show up in my dreams. lol.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm really curious to see how he will do against the other top riders (Purito, Betancur, Kreuziger and others). He hasn't raced in the WT yet.

But he will be strong. I think he and Purito will win all three.

8 victories already for Valverde. Who'd have thought he'd have more wins than Cav and Sagan combined at this point? As many as Kittel and Sagan combined? Opposite of last year when he had so many close calls. AGR notwithstanding, he's certainly raced more aggressively this year.

Netserk said:
How did he manage to not **** it up :confused:

Meh, he'll get the chance on Sunday.

He got tired of being pummeled by all the negative energy coming from cn forums and decided to shut you all up!:p Granted he's regularly made his share of frak ups tactics-wise but he was bound to get it right eventually. I can't wait to watch it since I'm stuck at work. Unfortunately Universal Sports in their infinite wisdom has decided that they will premiere their telecast a week from today!:mad:

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
What I found impressive was that he was blocked on the left side of the road, slowed down, went to the right and still managed to win easily.

personal said:
What I found impressive was that he was blocked on the left side of the road, slowed down, went to the right and still managed to win easily.

Definitely. When I saw he was almost trapped against the barriers I figured his chances were gone, but, like he described, he found a gap and shot through it. He's in the form of his life.

Kwibus said:
I actually had a dream last night where I met Valverde. I complimented him on his most recent impressive wins at the GP Indurain and the Roma Maxima and told him he should've raced like that his entire career ;)

I'm not a fan of him, but I really appreciate these solo efforts from far out. So I guess that somehow made him show up in my dreams. lol.

I had a dream as well, but it was more like a vision. I saw Valverde being chased by eleven dogs, but none could catch him. He was in an arena of over three thousand spectators. He climbed on top of a car, and beat the dogs back as they lunged at him, one by the hood and another at the trunk.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the Valverde of the old days. Flawless finale which is perfect for him. Perhaps he didn't feel that good, but if i was him, i would take every opportunity that comes along. I mean, he will not win the Tour if everything goes normal.

Arredondo said:
Looks like the Valverde of the old days. Flawless finale which is perfect for him. Perhaps he didn't feel that good, but if i was him, i would take every opportunity that comes along. I mean, he will not win the Tour if everything goes normal.

He's always been the Valverde of the old days.
Old habits die hard, it was just an illusion.
He won't even finish top 5, you'll see.

TRENDING THREADS