• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Re:

Moviestar said:
He has decided to include another stagerace in his programme, Ruta del Sol.

Vuelta a Murcia (February 13), Clasica de Almeria (February 14), Vuelta a Andalucia (February 17-21), Strade Bianche (March 5), Tirreno-Adriatico (March 9-15), Milan-San Remo (March 19), E3 Harelbeke (March 25) Dwars door Vlaanderen (March 23), Tour of Flanders (April 3), Amstel Gold Race (April 17), Fleche Wallonne (April 20), Liege -Bastogne-Liege (April 24), Giro d'Italia (May 6-29), Spanish Championships, Tour de France (July 2-24) Clasica San Sebastian (July 30) Olympic Games (August 6) and maybe the Vuelta a Espana (August 20-September 11)

Thats the best schedule I have seen in a long time. If just every other top rider would do the same.

Don't think we will see Valverde give up the possibilty to ride the Vuelta in stead of another bunch of races meanwhile. He prefers the Vuelta no matter what.

Il n'écarte pas la possibilité de courir aussi la Vuelta : "Ensuite, on verra comment je me sens et les courses que je dispute. Et comme j'ai pu le dire une fois, peut-être que je ferai la Vuelta, il vaut mieux faire la course sur ses terres et faire ce qu'on peut plutôt qu'être ailleurs à courir un autre calendrier".

Re:

Moviestar said:
He has decided to include another stagerace in his programme, Ruta del Sol.

Vuelta a Murcia (February 13), Clasica de Almeria (February 14), Vuelta a Andalucia (February 17-21), Strade Bianche (March 5), Tirreno-Adriatico (March 9-15), Milan-San Remo (March 19), E3 Harelbeke (March 25) Dwars door Vlaanderen (March 23), Tour of Flanders (April 3), Amstel Gold Race (April 17), Fleche Wallonne (April 20), Liege -Bastogne-Liege (April 24), Giro d'Italia (May 6-29), Spanish Championships, Tour de France (July 2-24) Clasica San Sebastian (July 30) Olympic Games (August 6) and maybe the Vuelta a Espana (August 20-September 11)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The guy is incredible. He just can't hold back.

Could have a similar year to 2015. I just hope for some great battles in Fleche, Liege, Giro and Rio. If he wins it, he's even greater then he already is.

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Fernandez said:
These are bad times for being a Valverde hater.

There are haters of Valverde? :eek: He is one of the true entertainers and racing would be all the poorer if he wasn't about. Take Sunday, in a moment of brilliance he turned what was basically an uphill slog into something truly magnificent.

Everything crossed for Rio '16.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

pablopaul said:
Fernandez said:

There are haters of Valverde? :eek: He is one of the true entertainers and racing would be all the poorer if he wasn't about. Take Sunday, in a moment of brilliance he turned what was basically an uphill slog into something truly magnificent.

I'm one of them, I'm afraid. Not necessarily because of the wheelsucking, but because I think he's not as good tactically as everyone says. I think he relies on his strength over his intelligence, and I don't like that in a rider.

(Equally, it would be very reasonable to hate him for Puerto or his failure to do anything with that abhorrent jersey.)

Cannibal72 said:
pablopaul said:
Fernandez said:

I'm one of them, I'm afraid. Not necessarily because of the wheelsucking, but because I think he's not as good tactically as everyone says. I think he relies on his strength over his intelligence, and I don't like that in a rider.

(Equally, it would be very reasonable to hate him for Puerto or his failure to do anything with that abhorrent jersey.)
The problem with Valverde is called Purito!

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Cannibal72 said:
pablopaul said:
Fernandez said:

Actually it wouldn't be very reasonable to hate him. Maybe don't like him, but to hate him.. :confused:

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

Mr.White said:
Cannibal72 said:
pablopaul said:
Fernandez said:

Actually it wouldn't be very reasonable to hate him. Maybe don't like him, but to hate him.. :confused:
That's true. It's never reasonable to hate someone you've never even met, and it's probably not even fair to dislike them.

TRENDING THREADS