• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 159 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Well.. let's hope he will bounce back strongly in the way he did the previous times he left the Tour.

2005: Silver medal after Tornado Tom in Madrid.
2006: Strong comeback in the Vuelta, where he actually should have won his first GT, followed by a bronze medal in Salzburg.

What a horrible way for this Tour to start... So many possibilities gone just like that. Valverde is a very young 37 and if the fracture is clean, he should be able to make it back in time for next season. I don't see him retiring any time soon if he can help it.

IMO there should have been tuff blocks on that corner inside of the metal fencing (or any kind of impact padding). Yes I have hindsight now, but foresight should have looked at that corner and the weather forecast, and concluded that padding was needed.

Speedy recovery AV!

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Really **** :( but not surprising, it was just very dangerous out there

If it makes his fans on here feel any better, I cheered for him when he came by :)
Good to see there still is a lot of decency left on the forum. I appreciate it for one since I wasn't there and I honestly feel a little guilty about it...

The thing Valverde got going for him he is an incredible athelete, those kind of individuals can recover better than most. Look no further than Contador in 2014.

9iusuo.jpg

:( :(

Guy was going very fast on the few pictures we saw, took risks, he really wanted yellow on stage 3 or 5. So depressing really. And the Vuelta, with this awesome route and their team, would be amazing for Valverde. Oh well.

Contador on Valverde. Obviously know a thing or two about this:

"It's a huge pity for Alejandro. It costs a lot to prepare the Tour de France, it is almost half a year preparing for it, and in the first corner, you go home. I want to offer him my encouragement and now, obviously not, but surely in two days he will start thinking about the Tour of Spain."

Valv.Piti said:

"It's a huge pity for Alejandro. It costs a lot to prepare the Tour de France, it is almost half a year preparing for it, and in the first corner, you go home. I want to offer him my encouragement and now, obviously not, but surely in two days he will start thinking about the Tour of Spain."

Maybe the 2018 edition. Mission impossible if you ask me and it would be a stupid choice to return to competition so soon. Let's see how he recovers the coming period first.

Sergi Lopez talked about 40 days of rest at least and the Vuelta will start in 48 days.

Valv.Piti said:

You can't put weight on that kind of injury for about six weeks so his season is done I'm afraid.

Re:

Netserk said:
It's obviously bad that he crashed, I hope he is well (as much as he can be), but he will probably use this as an excuse if he doesn't win the Vuelta. It's not like he is the most trustworthy rider in the bunch.

You're pretty classless with that statement. A potentially career ending injury and this is your contribution to the conversation?

TRENDING THREADS