• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 244 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
All the comments about the schedule probably are useless because Unzue's fixation about the Tour is even bigger than Madiot's one, if he forces Valverde to ride in France after the Giro the spring schedule should be very light.

From Marca's article posted above:
"Puedes escribir para que lo lea Eusebio (Unzue, su director) que en 2019 quiero comenzar en Australia. A veces no le gusta porque sabe que es empezar al máximo y eso no es positivo si hago (como quiere) Giro-Tour, pero estando allí te garantizas 10 días de buen tiempo en enero"

Re:

Nirvana said:
All the comments about the schedule probably are useless because Unzue's fixation about the Tour is even bigger than Madiot's one, if he forces Valverde to ride in France after the Giro the spring schedule should be very light.

From Marca's article posted above:
"Puedes escribir para que lo lea Eusebio (Unzue, su director) que en 2019 quiero comenzar en Australia. A veces no le gusta porque sabe que es empezar al máximo y eso no es positivo si hago (como quiere) Giro-Tour, pero estando allí te garantizas 10 días de buen tiempo en enero"

If Unzue forces him to go to the Tour again, he'll again skip the Giro as he won't miss his beloved Vuelta.

His U-23 team has announced it's roster is set for it's first season of competition next season. The roster includes 4 kids who have moved up from the Junior team.

Also he now has a wine with his name on it and a picture of him at the Worlds.

DsNj7CBXgAAk5z6.jpg

46420152_10215145845111628_2622227007659835392_n.jpg

Re: Re:

Koronin said:
SHAD0W93 said:

This only means it's on his tentative calendar which it has been on previously. Hope he does race it, but at this point, it's under I'll believe he's racing it when he's actually on the start list the day before the race.

I totally read that as "on the start line", which would just be silly. It's one thing to come prepared, but sleeping on the start line isn't recommended.

RedheadDane said:
Koronin said:
SHAD0W93 said:

This only means it's on his tentative calendar which it has been on previously. Hope he does race it, but at this point, it's under I'll believe he's racing it when he's actually on the start list the day before the race.

I totally read that as "on the start line", which would just be silly. It's one thing to come prepared, but sleeping on the start line isn't recommended.

He just wants to give everyone a chance. ;)

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site

Koronin said:
SHAD0W93 said:

"After the Tour of Catalonia, Alejandro Valverde comes to our race. Then he rides the Tour of Flanders and the Amstel Gold Race. Of course we are happy to be able to have the world champion in his first Belgian race "
Carlo Lambrecht, Dwars door Vlaanderen organiser, at the presentation of the course for 2019 in Waregem on Monday.

SHAD0W93 said:
RedheadDane said:
Koronin said:
SHAD0W93 said:

He just wants to give everyone a chance. ;)

:lol: :lol: I actually thought about start line, however if he's on the official start list he should actually be at the start line for it as well. :D

Tim Booth said:
[quote="Koronin":2rkbmiif][quote="SHAD0W93":2rkbmiif]Valverde stating he will have a debut in Flanders.
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.velonews.com/2018/11/news/valverde-van-der-poel-confirm-classics-debuts_481719</span>

This only means it's on his tentative calendar which it has been on previously. Hope he does race it, but at this point, it's under I'll believe he's racing it when he's actually on the start list the day before the race.[/quote]

"After the Tour of Catalonia, Alejandro Valverde comes to our race. Then he rides the Ronde van Vlaanderen and the Amstel Gold Race. Of course we are happy to be able to have the world champion in his first Belgian race "
Carlo Lambrecht, Dwars door Vlaanderen organiser, at the presentation of the course for 2019 in Waregem on Monday.[/quote]

Except remember he's had it on his calendar in both 2016 and 2017 and didn't end up going. I want him to race Flanders, but I don't want to get my hopes up and then him not race it for whatever reason. Hopefully this is the year he does actually race it.

Red Rick said:
Koronin said:
Alejandro's new car for anyone else who also likes sports cars.

46760627_1945034005800457_7945707583707283456_o.jpg
With that car, I'm not sure why he still rides his bike so much.

I thought I wasn't the only one who would appreciate the car.

I'm sure he still rides so much because he loves riding. Today one of his friends posted a video of this new car after the training ride he and several friends did with Alejandro.

TRENDING THREADS