• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 278 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Last time he lost a minute on Alto Mas de la Costa. Today he wins. It has to be said that last time was in the tough 2016 edition where he rode the Vuelta as the third GT of the year.

The GC picture looks really thin in this race and not much has to go his way for him to win overall. Which would obviously be completely insane.

It seems like all GC contenders are crashing all the time in this Vuelta except for the Movistars.

Which has gotten me thinking that I don't think Valverde has had a single crash since Düsseldorf. Could that really be true?

Well he did have a crash in training while in the Ardennes.

Today, with how he was climbing is very encouraging. I was worried about this stage. Now he just need a good/solid TT and he'll have a great chance at a podium and just maybe the overall win. Granted everything has to go 100% perfectly for him to actually win it.

He looked limited today, but that was kinda expected.. still, a lot better than last year on a similar stage. Now he just needs to ride a great time trial and smoke them on Los Machucos before the two Asturian stages. Will be hella difficult to win this one (he really needed that time on stage 2....), but I still believe. I think its good that Nairo is going this well for his chances actually.

He can't gain 30 seconds in one stage to all his favourites because he isn't the best climber in the race. He just can rely on his sprint to win some seconds. So if wants to win the vuelta, he needs to lose less than a minute to roglic.

This is from the media area after today's stage. Alejandro was there briefly before basically saying he was too cold and going back to the team bus to try and warm up.

I'd think they go for Bala, but there are some Hard stages coming soon. Most likely it will depend on how he feels.

I agree that it likely comes down to how Bala feels.

Unforutnately no idea when I'll get to see tomorrow's stage or any of the stages this weekend. Hurricane is coming through tomorrow night and should be gone by mid day Friday. Power will almost certainly go out and who knows how long before we'll get it back on. I'm evacuating inland but won't have any internet for a few days other than the data on my cell phone.

I agree that it likely comes down to how Bala feels.

Unforutnately no idea when I'll get to see tomorrow's stage or any of the stages this weekend. Hurricane is coming through tomorrow night and should be gone by mid day Friday. Power will almost certainly go out and who knows how long before we'll get it back on. I'm evacuating inland but won't have any internet for a few days other than the data on my cell phone.

Be Safe!!! You can always catch up with stages on Tiz after the fact.

In the photo, best cyclist in the world and some guy in the white jersey:p
69610857_10156198014600458_5685549097944088576_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts