• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 314 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Looked strong today, pity he didn't profit from that. I think he could've rode better tactically. McNulty was a wheel to follow, not Roglic or Pogacar, they were busy looking at each other, and I have a feeling Bala could've sneak form them with McNulty and others on the false flat after Erlaitz.

I agree, unfortunately, at this point in his career getting him to be better tactically isn't likely something he can learn. I agree that it was very likely he could have slipped away with McNulty and the others in that group.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Looked strong today, pity he didn't profit from that. I think he could've rode better tactically. McNulty was a wheel to follow, not Roglic or Pogacar, they were busy looking at each other, and I have a feeling Bala could've sneak form them with McNulty and others on the false flat after Erlaitz.

I don't think Pogacar and Roglic would allow any of Landa, Valverde or Yates to go away.

Reactions: yaco and Fernandez
Yeah not really his kind of race, but he was close to winning it couple of times, even on the new course he was probably the strongest one in 2018. But nevertheless, I think it's better doing 250 km race instead of five-day stage race ahead of his favorite double.

They have another new course this year. It will be 16 times a circuit of 17km with the Geulhemmerberg, Bemelerberg and the Cauberg, but in the last lap the Cauberg isn't included which isn't favorable for Valverde anyhow.

Reactions: Koronin
Yes, of course, but that's two months later (at least, could be a year and two months later as well.)

In between Mallorca, Andalucía, Murcia and Tokyo no more races?

Nobody ever really knows his plans months in advance. I wouldn't be surprised if he rides Occitanie, for example, in June even if Dauphiné or TdS would make more sense. I can't imagine he takes a full two-month break.

TRENDING THREADS