• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 341 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
wolf-of-wall-street-not-leaving.gif

Tomorrow on the podium after the race.

As the thread title says: He‘s coming home!
Well deserved for him to finally retire, but I would certainly also be happy if the other part of the thread title came true again. Not to be, though, I think he‘s too old for that. As a big fan of statistics, I liked Valverde for the sheer numbers of his career. I have a soft spot for old riders and champions on the decline though because every race could be their last great success.
Well, there will be a big gap in his palmarès with Lombardia but I can‘t say he hasn‘t still had a career that could certainly rival Nibali‘s.

Been a fan since 2005 when he beat Armstrong on the first mountain stage of the Tour, in a sprint, which was unheard of. I was 13 at the time, I already regarded myself as a veteran cycling fan, but I hadn't seen a rider like him yet. Never thought I would still have the pleasure of watching him ride at 30. Gonna miss him.

Alejandro-Valverde.jpg

Wauw, that completely aligns with my experience with him, even the age numbers are exactly the same!

TRENDING THREADS