• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hockey

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
What do you guys think about mason raymond? I remember he was the canucks top goal scorer a couple of seasons ago... does anyone think he can come back or should I drop him.... errrr not that I am talking about the fantasy league again :S
Saw him tonight for the first time. He looked good. Skating well, involved in the play, I liked his game. With Booth hurt for several weeks and Higgins coming back from a minor injury, Raymond could get some good minutes on the top 2 lines and 2nd PP unit. I would hang on to him.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
frigging raymond got a short handed point aswell....... And i didnt pick him last night.....lucky for me elias got one aswell....but i think i will drop whitney now.. I was offered crawford for nugent hopkins is he still chicagos first choice? The gent is good but i think easily replacable....got montoya as my third goalie just now, i like him he's good and he was good last season too but he does play for the islanders

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I just looked at crawfords stats.... thelast thing i need is another underperforming goalie... I already have ward and bryzaglov :S

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
frigging crosby is still out, no training for him today either.. not looking good for him(or more importantly me), apprently there will be a press conference today where he will speak.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
how many games did he miss with the return of the symptoms? it's about a week isnt it, I think he played once last week(maybe not though) and more than likely missing the next game aswell.... it doesnt look good, maybe they are just being very cautions though but he's nearly missed half this season aswell :S

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
how many games did he miss with the return of the symptoms? it's about a week isnt it, I think he played once last week(maybe not though) and more than likely missing the next game aswell.... it doesnt look good, maybe they are just being very cautions though but he's nearly missed half this season aswell :S
Crosby, the league's leading point scorer Giroux, the leading goal scorer Michalek, all out with concussions (plus Pronger, Letang, and a whole bunch of others). The Flyers alone currently have 4 regulars out with concussions.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Australian Rules Football is played without helmets and pads, yes? Is there a high rate of concussions?
I say remove helmets and pads from North American football, or is that handegg?
As to ice hockey,reduce pads to the sixties era.
Heavy fines and suspensions for the head hunters.
I think with all of the heavy armour/pads players wear gives them a false sense of indestructibility.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
skinner and pitkanen too... maybe the doctors are just signing everyone off with concussions :S
Pronger now out for the season and the playoffs, and at his age, probably a career-ender. Was never a big fan, but it is a shame that his career (most likely) has to end this way.

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
knewcleardaze said:
Australian Rules Football is played without helmets and pads, yes? Is there a high rate of concussions?
I say remove helmets and pads from North American football, or is that handegg?
As to ice hockey,reduce pads to the sixties era.
Heavy fines and suspensions for the head hunters.
I think with all of the heavy armour/pads players wear gives them a false sense of indestructibility.

The problem with this is that in hockey, you have a solid piece of rubber flying around at 100 miles an hour. Even if you say the players will avoid blocking shots, you still will have players getting accidentally hit. Look at lacrosse. Far less padding than hockey, and far more injuries, especially fatal ones. Also, falling on the ice without pads sucks.

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow...Malkin was fantastic last night. He's now 4th in the scoring race despite missing 7 games. I've always thought that he's the best player in the world when he's on. He just can take over a game like no one since Mario.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
The Canadians are a bunch of pillocks, celebrating their 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th goals like they just won the tournament. Have some class.

Watching them sing their national anthem afterwards was pretty intolerable as well.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
icebreaker said:
Twit.

You do know how the tourney is scored?

I didn't say they were wrong for scoring as much as possible. They're scum bags for celebrating their 8th goal as if it were the game winner. Classless

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Rumors abounding that Crosby's going to pull the plug on the rest of the season. A bit premature perhaps, but one has to start wondering if this is it for his career. What a shame that would be.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Altitude said:
I didn't say they were wrong for scoring as much as possible. They're scum bags for celebrating their 8th goal as if it were the game winner. Classless

...ah come on, they are just kids eh....and they are just trying to act grown up by emulating their heroes south of the border...

Cheers

blutto

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
VeloCity said:
Rumors abounding that Crosby's going to pull the plug on the rest of the season. A bit premature perhaps, but one has to start wondering if this is it for his career. What a shame that would be.

I dont think anything is wrong with him lazy git... I guess his problems are a bit imaginary which is also very bad..... I feel sorry for the fools that picked him in the fantasy hockey...........................................................................