• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 121 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm afraid Meeus loooked to be the author of his own misfortune there. Had bee well up the front, dropped back (so probably uncompetitive by that stage), initiated the leaning on a IPT rider.

3 km rule is an odd thing. It is meant to give a chance to those who are held up, but Hindley could have finished an awful lot earlier than he did: he stopped and got off his *** to help Meeus out. Very decent thing to do, and I really wouldn't want to see it penalised, but I am fairly sure (but don't have time to look it up this morning) that he is meant to still try to finish promptly. Of course this happens frequently, I'm not screaming for penalisation of Hindley (or Thomas, who slowed to see how Sheffield was), but another case of rules being written with the expectation that they will be ignored.

Reactions: Sandisfan
How many sprint stages do you expect there to be? Surely only one more chance for a guy like Bennett, and that is with an uphill finish, making Ewan a massive favourite.

Definitely one more and possibly two - You gotta remember S.Bennett is up against Jakobsen in St Louis.

My other take is that Campbell Stewart is on his way to being a good quality lead out rider - He could be a smokey to make Jayco's TDF team

011ca3e9759c9240a9e50e33c5435518d5a52a35.jpeg

Only from what they said about 40 seconds on 2nd group but this is rolling terrain. I hope lead group keeps the pressure on. Matthews' team has the reason to keep Matthews away from rest of peloton.

Sandisfan finally posts something instead of just liking.

So that means everyone else out there can finally give you a like.

Not that anyone else out there is even awake watching this race and thread.