• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Good effort by Arndt after being dropped on the last lap - Most impressive thing is the young Aussie riders in Hindley, L.Hamilton and Storer who finished in the top 20 - They will end up on the WT.

Actually Haas would have won the race if he had any common sense - Had too many brain explosions during the race.

Re: Re:

swuzzlebubble said:
yaco said:
Good effort by Lindt after being dropped on the last lap - Most impressive thing is the young Aussie riders in Hindley, L.Hamilton and Storer who finished in the top 20 - They will end up on the WT.
Miles Scotson pretty impressive too

It will be interesting to see his development as a rider - As a likely classics/TT type, BMC is a good team - Interesting that some see his brother Callum as the better prospect.

Predictably raced a lot more conservative with more/bigger WT teams + radios + more points on offer.

I still really like the parcours. Seems to be multiple ways to win, for multiple kinds of riders. However, interesting to note that sprinters from a select bunch have taken out 2 out of 3. And Leigh Howard was not far off last year, which would have = 3/3.

Maybe the finish line closer to the final climb would give the climbers a bit more of chance? Or maybe it's their fault for not really destroying the peloton when they could??

Re:

yaco said:
Good effort by Arndt after being dropped on the last lap - Most impressive thing is the young Aussie riders in Hindley, L.Hamilton and Storer who finished in the top 20 - They will end up on the WT.

Actually Haas would have won the race if he had any common sense - Had too many brain explosions during the race.

Yes, but if they don't have brain explosions, the internet flames up with accusations of wheel sucking.....

Re:

yaco said:

Those 3 youngsters are certainly in good form, they could have some fun at the Sun Tour along with Meyer and Earle who are on the same squad and in good form.

The Hegelian said:
yaco said:

Yes, but if they don't have brain explosions, the internet flames up with accusations of wheel sucking.....
Hats off to Haas for trying to avoid a bunch sprint, he's obviously got awesome form to be able to go with the Chaves attack and still contest the sprint. Gerrans beat him to the line at Nationals and there were some other good sprinters still there too, so why not roll the dice.

I'm liking him more and more.

claude cat said:
RedheadDane said:
Awww! Poor Meyer.

I thought he had it.

Yeah, me too.

Now for a few more thoughts about the race.

I liked it. :D And I'm glad Eurosport broadcast it live (throughout) on the player, and that they provided commentators as well. The lack of commentating on the player-only feeds has - to me - been one of the problems with watching a race that way. Sure, it was English commentating but... well... that's not really a problem to me.
Cadel Evans as commentator, though. Naaah... Stick to the race organising and promoting. (At least one of the other guys in the box could have given the poor guy a cough drop.)

That being said I am looking forward to races being at a bit more reasonable hours. And saying that I realise how lucky I am that I am so used to racing taking place in - or at least close to - my timezone. I guess for you Aussies having races in the middle of the night is the common way of things.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Good ride by Arndt, I don't think that he's the fastest guy on that team, but he should get plenty of opportunities to ride for himself in the easier cobbled races and probably the Giro.

yaco said:
I know that Edmondson is training in Adelaide and I believe he is riding the Herald Sun Tour - No idea what's happening with Power - All i know he was a last minute withdrawal from the Australian RR - Surprised he's not with Haig and the rest of the climbers in Spain.

Looks like we now know why he isn't in Spain training with the climbers as he is still in Australia and was announced on the Startlist for the Sun Tour. Orica's squad for the race
Gerrans
Chaves
Howson
Power
Docker
Bewley
Hepburn

StryderHells said:
yaco said:
I know that Edmondson is training in Adelaide and I believe he is riding the Herald Sun Tour - No idea what's happening with Power - All i know he was a last minute withdrawal from the Australian RR - Surprised he's not with Haig and the rest of the climbers in Spain.

Looks like we now know why he isn't in Spain training with the climbers as he is still in Australia and was announced on the Startlist for the Sun Tour. Orica's squad for the race
Gerrans
Chaves
Howson
Power
Docker
Bewley
Hepburn

So now the worry is Edmondson - Seems like Orica is holding back the 2017 reappearance one or two of the older guys.

Should be a good Sun Tour this year, if Froome or Chaves aren't in some type of form then the next level down has plenty of competition. Howson (Orica), Ellisonde, Seb Henao (Sky), Acevedo, Norris (UHC), Hucker (IsoWhey), Dyball (St George), Earle, Meyer, Hindley, Storer (Korda Mentha), Dion Smith, Oram (New Zealand).

yaco said:
StryderHells said:
yaco said:

Gerrans
Chaves
Howson
Power
Docker
Bewley
Hepburn

So now the worry is Edmondson - Seems like Orica is holding back the 2017 reappearance one or two of the older guys.

Edmondson did race in a local crit in Adelaide on the 16th and is still in Australia as he was stung badly by a Bee while out training yesterday

TRENDING THREADS