• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

claude cat said:
Wilba60 said:
Not sure if Meyer is doing the Herald Sun tour but I just noticed why he didn't race the Cadel Evans race
No, he is not.
MS team is:

Sam Bewley (NZL, 31)
Lucas Hamilton (AUS, 22)
Damien Howson (AUS, 26)
Nick Schultz (AUS, 24)
Callum Scotson (AUS, 22)
Dion Smith (NZL, 25)
Robert Stannard (AUS, 20)

Hamilton is the designated leader.

I am guessing that Dion Smith will have a crack at the sprints.

Re:

RedheadDane said:
Is there a fully updated start list somewhere?
I don't assume Trek is going to start with just three riders...
Don't know what's going on there, every other team has announced full teams. I'd assume de Kort is riding, so there's 4, no idea who the rest would be.

Can't wait to see Monk, Dyball, Frieberg and Ovett in action. I hope they have good rides, all of them have serious axes to grind with CA.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Is there a fully updated start list somewhere?
I don't assume Trek is going to start with just three riders...
PCS say
CLARKE William
DE KORT Koen
FRAME Alex
MULLEN Ryan
PANTANO GOMEZ Jarlinson
PORTE Richie
STETINA Peter

claude cat said:
Wilba60 said:
Not sure if Meyer is doing the Herald Sun tour but I just noticed why he didn't race the Cadel Evans race
No, he is not.
MS team is:

Sam Bewley (NZL, 31)
Lucas Hamilton (AUS, 22)
Damien Howson (AUS, 26)
Nick Schultz (AUS, 24)
Callum Scotson (AUS, 22)
Dion Smith (NZL, 25)

This is good news for my CQ team! :) :D

claude cat said:
Wilba60 said:
No, he is not.
MS team is:

Sam Bewley (NZL, 31)
Lucas Hamilton (AUS, 22)
Damien Howson (AUS, 26)
Nick Schultz (AUS, 24)
Callum Scotson (AUS, 22)
Dion Smith (NZL, 25)

He looks in good nick, but I would have thought Howson...already has two podiums + a win.

Van Baarle is a very good rider. He has good endurance (he tends to be quite good for a non climber in 3rd weeks of a GT) and is good on short and not too long climbs.

That said, I would find surprising if he reached a Kiryienka level. Also i find surprising he climbed better than Sivakov or Howson today. Regarding climbing abilities i rate him like Knees type in his heydays.

Roku said:
Van Baarle is a very good rider. He has good endurance (he tends to be quite good for a non climber in 3rd weeks of a GT) and is good on short and not too long climbs.

That said, I would find surprising if he reached a Kiryienka level. Also i find surprising he climbed better than Sivakov or Howson today. Regarding climbing abilities i rate him like Knees type in his heydays.
True. He is probably better off as a all-rounder than being another climbing dom. He has a strong engine in most terrain including hills and medium mountains.

TRENDING THREADS