• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I would adopt alternative tactics if i am the DS at MS - I will keep the break in check and try to grab bonus seconds at the first intermediate sprint after 64 kms which could give Impey a lead of 5 seconds over Porte - Then I'd let the break go, hoping they will mop up intermediate seconds at 106 kms, and even let the break go to the finish - Then back Impey to finish within 5 seconds of Porte on Willunga Hill - Then it's up to Trek to ride and bring back the break.

Power has the ongoing issue of recovery in stage races which will hinder his future success - MS did what needed to be done by playing poker with Trek and having S.Yates marking Porte - You need a diesel climber to challenge Porte on Willunga Hill - Anyway Porte is in better form than in the last two years, which augurs well for a good season - If only Porte was riding the Giro.

TRENDING THREADS