• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 127 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There were 12 seconds between Vine and Yates in the prologue, and 11 in the end: there was no other stage when there was time between them. It was very much decisive.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that Yates would have won the race by one second without the prologue. Perhaps the last stage proved to be a bit too easy, but I still think the route offered opportunities for riders to make up their deficit after the prologue.

Reactions: claude cat and Roku
But that doesn't necessarily mean that Yates would have won the race by one second without the prologue. Perhaps the last stage proved to be a bit too easy, but I still think the route offered opportunities for riders to make up their deficit after the prologue.
Exactly.

Vine and S.Yates were quite levelled throughout the race on the climbs and noticeably ahead of the rest of the field. Vine did a better prologue so he won fair and square.

If anything, the prologue helped setting up the race and forcing certain riders to ride more aggresive. That's what time-trials are for anyways.

I get your point, but also need to remember a lot of the riders main objectives start no earlier than April and can't get here with form that's too hot
I think a harder parcours wouldn't change who's on form, it would just make gaps to those who are in clear winter/training form much bigger. And maybe if you're not that fit the race can actually become too hard, but then you can just go into the Froometto

Reactions: Sandisfan
Adegeest played the game well there, but Spratt is probably not too pleased.

I considered picking Adegeest for my CQ team, but in the end she was too expensive. I knew she had the potential to get some good results, but I wasn't sure they would come in WWT races.
But if I had made a team of only redheaded riders, she would definitely have been in there

Last edited:
Reactions: claude cat

TRENDING THREADS