• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How dirty is SaxoBank-Tinkoff?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
burning said:
I think Etna was around 6.4-6.5 W/Kg (After he took off) and that was after Clen incident, I seriously doubt that he changed his doping regime since Giro 2011

He could have gotten a warning from the UCI for funky blood values. This is 100% pure spekulation, but it is a possibility.

Regarding Nicolas Roche's SRM files: There is one file for the entire stage and one for the final attack. This means that we can extrapolate two sets of data: pre-attack and attack (which is more relevant than entire stage vs attack).

9UUOVDw.png

The first 3 hours were rather calm, but then he increased his power 50% during the last 36 minutes of the stage. Seems plausible, and certainly not extra-terrestial or Froomesque. I guess the other 5 Saxo riders of the break had a similar stage: calm and peaceful during the first three hours, and only a real outburst of power towards the end.

el_angliru said:
Regarding Nicolas Roche's SRM files: There is one file for the entire stage and one for the final attack. This means that we can extrapolate two sets of data: pre-attack and attack (which is more relevant than entire stage vs attack).

9UUOVDw.png

The first 3 hours were rather calm, but then he increased his power 50% during the last 36 minutes of the stage. Seems plausible, and certainly not extra-terrestial or Froomesque. I guess the other 5 Saxo riders of the break had a similar stage: calm and peaceful during the first three hours, and only a real outburst of power towards the end.

Totally in a normal realm....
they sat on and did not put out a huge workload most of the stage....so it makes sense

"not ET or Froomesque" ..exactly...

May 26, 2009
Visit site
el_angliru said:

9UUOVDw.png

I really don't see why Sky refuse to release their data. Infact I don't see why all teams don't release their data.

BYOP88 said:
I really don't see why Sky refuse to release their data. Infact I don't see why all teams don't release their data.

So that they can make this whole thing into a major battle, and then when they do decide to release their data, they can call a big *** press conference (in sync with a quiet day on the football front on sky sports news) and make it look like they are gods gift to anti doping.

The true believers will then argue that the sceptics have no foot to stand on, because "you wanted them to release the data, and they released the data".

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
i can offer barney some tips on hygiene. i would rub some antiseptic olive oil on his bald pate. then i would provide team eagle with deodorant and antiperspirant.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
Can I draw any negative inference from it though?

Seems to me that they are doing this as a publicity stunt to force Sky's hand to do the same.
confirmation bias. the only thing sky could do to prove they are clean would be to retire.

from the sport.
not the tour.

add in the rest of them too.

darwin553 said:
Can I draw any negative inference from it though?
Maybe if they do so for other stages, but in this one Roche's output would have been as high as anybodies. Certainly greater than Contador's.

And maybe they don't want to announce just how much energy Contador lost on a flat stage, even if he got a minute for it.
Seems to me that they are doing this as a publicity stunt to force Sky's hand to do the same.

I don't see it.

Why would a team with Riis as the manager and Contador as the star, with Roman as the backup, want to take on sky in a anti doping pr battle.

THey have no concern with sky

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Of course not. Contador's power file would've looked roughly the same.

We'll wait after today's HC climb whether Saxo want to continue this anti- doping PR tactic and if so, which rider it will be?

darwin553 said:
We'll wait after today's HC climb whether Saxo want to continue this anti- doping PR tactic and if so, which rider it will be?

Saxo don't do anti doping PR. As Hitch noted, why would they do anti doping PR with Bjarne, Roman and Alberto. But it would definitely interesting to see Roman's and Alberto's SRM data after today's stage in case Froome goes full genius and again doesn't want to release his data.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Saxo don't do anti doping PR. As Hitch noted, why would they do anti doping PR with Bjarne, Roman and Alberto. But it would definitely interesting to see Roman's and Alberto's SRM data after today's stage in case Froome goes full genius and again doesn't want to release his data.

But what was the point of releasing Roche's data then?

TRENDING THREADS