• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How dirty is SaxoBank-Tinkoff?

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Majka today was slightly better than I thought which puts him in a great position going into the mountains. Realistically he would need some assistance or a huge stroke of luck to win overall, but I could see him holding on to 3rd place and a podium. Alarm bells will ring if he proves too strong in the mountains. He should be good enough to follow some but I don't put him up there with Quintana in the high mountains. Also in the MTT a top 5 but no better. Are there any of you that think he's more capable than this?

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, Majka has beaten Contador on training races several times, so he has a decent base level. He's a young rider who has the potential to reach podium in GT's, and he already podiumed Il Lombardia. The fact that he's survived heavy injuries from first week crashes is more intriguing. Looks like he's still improving towards next week, let's keep an eye on him.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Well, Majka has beaten Contador on training races several times, so he has a decent base level. He's a young rider who has the potential to reach podium in GT's, and he already podiumed Il Lombardia. The fact that he's survived heavy injuries from first week crashes is more intriguing. Looks like he's still improving towards next week, let's keep an eye on him.

Am I right in thinking those training rides were last year and Alberto bettered him this year? Most exciting prospect at Saxo right now. If they sign Sagan then it'll be a team too full of stars.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
Am I right in thinking those training rides were last year and Alberto bettered him this year? Most exciting prospect at Saxo right now. If they sign Sagan then it'll be a team too full of stars.

This year Contador got the better of him, yes, so let's be patient with Majka. I wouldn't call him a star just yet. He's had his setbacks with injuries, let's hope Riis doesn't put too much pressure on him.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
This year Contador got the better of him, yes, so let's be patient with Majka. I wouldn't call him a star just yet. He's had his setbacks with injuries, let's hope Riis doesn't put too much pressure on him.

And how about Kreuziger x Majka comparison? Looks you are consecrated. :)

I heard he got conti's room, including the fridge.

Reminds me of ricco. Is he also colourful with words of the bike? Ticks all the other boxes. Mind you, cycling is sorely missing a ricco type of rider. Loved those little winks today, letting us know what's really going on.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Hilarious how much better he is doing here than in the Giro.

Liquigas said:
Climbing at the speed of the Tour de France leader coming out of the Giro being average there...

Very normal.

sniper said:
tinkoff paid his uci bills, that much is clear.
i hope for polish cycling that majka doesn't get popped.

Dazed and Confused said:
Laughable performance.

sniper said:
the way he dropped a ferrari client in the final two km was impressive.

And where did he finish yesterday?

What part of the freedom of a grimpeur not in contention in GC and without a leader to support is so perplexing? If he was putting in consistent performances like MiniLance or MaxiLance out of nowhere, and well before their development would suggest possible I'd be the first to raise a brow.

Le Baroudeur said:
And where did he finish yesterday?

What part of the freedom of a grimpeur not in contention in GC and without a leader to support is so perplexing? If he was putting in consistent performances like MiniLance or MaxiLance out of nowhere, and well before their development would suggest possible I'd be the first to raise a brow.

And where in the Giro did he do a performance like he did on Chamrousse?

TRENDING THREADS