• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How dirty is SaxoBank-Tinkoff?

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sagan's and Basso's (less notably) drop in performance after signing for Tinkoff was very interesting.
I'm sure the agreement was to get clean and start from the scratch at Tinkoff.
Wonder what's the method that requires discontinuity with the previous practice?

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Fuglsang “To a certain extent I can understand people who doubt my choice of team, but then I would like to know which teams we can rely on?” he said to TV 2 Sport. “I would not rely on everyone from Tinkoff-Saxo. There is also someone there that has a less nice past, which I would not trust.”

I assume he's just referring to Riis, but honnestly could be a number of people ...

the sceptic said:
Tinkov is the new Brailsford :D

In terms of what ? Sure both are dodgy teams, but equating Tinkov with Brailsford over a staff hiring of which they seem to have polar opposite policies is pushing it a bit.

You could be a little more subtle with your trolling :D

deValtos said:
Fuglsang “To a certain extent I can understand people who doubt my choice of team, but then I would like to know which teams we can rely on?” he said to TV 2 Sport. “I would not rely on everyone from Tinkoff-Saxo. There is also someone there that has a less nice past, which I would not trust.”

I assume he's just referring to Riis, but honnestly could be a number of people ...

In terms of what ? Sure both are dodgy teams, but equating Tinkov with Brailsford over a staff hiring of which they seem to have polar opposite policies is pushing it a bit.

Brailsford hired plenty of known dopers. To act like its ok because he claims to have a different "policy" than what he actually does is both dishonest and stupid.

Its like Tony Soprano claiming he has a policy of not hurting innocent people. Sure a lot of the people he hurt were innocents. But he claims its his policy not to so that makes it ok:rolleyes:

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Brailsford hired plenty of known dopers. To act like its ok because he claims to have a different "policy" than what he actually does is both dishonest and stupid.

Its like Tony Soprano claiming he has a policy of not hurting innocent people. Sure a lot of the people he hurt were innocents. But he claims its his policy not to so that makes it ok:rolleyes:

Actually Oleg has a policy too. He is very anti doping.
"I'm against doping. I'm totally against doping. I raced when I was young and won 40 races but I never, ever doped.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Brailsford hired plenty of known dopers.

Indeed he has done, though looking through the world tour teams he's not exactly near the top of the list for hiring known dopers.

The Hitch said:
To act like its ok because he claims to have a different "policy" than what he actually does is both dishonest and stupid.

I don't even know what this is addressing.

Really no need to defend a troll post. :confused:

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
deValtos said:
Indeed he has done, though looking through the world tour teams he's not exactly near the top of the list for hiring known dopers.

I don't even know what this is addressing.

Really no need to defend a troll post. :confused:

No one said anything about who hired the most dopers.

Brailsford hired a bunch of dopers. Tinkov is now hiring some of those dopers and others.

Thus, Oleg is walking in Brailsfords footsteps.

Both teams have the same policy of doping their riders in order to win as much as possible.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
deValtos said:

Fuglsang still the most pathetic cyclist in the peloton. You work for Vino mate, just shut up...

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
trevim said:
I like Fugslang. He talks lots of crap, gets dropped like a stone at times and I find the whole picture very funny and thoroughly amusing.

You might not belive it..

But in Denmark he get's a lot of credit for always beeing articulate and mature in his appearances...
The poor journalists/experts/commentators also like to talk him up to a GT-podium..
I guess Riis/Rasmussen set the bar high :eek::D:eek:

mrhender said:
You might not belive it..

But in Denmark he get's a lot of credit for always beeing articulate and mature in his appearances...
The poor journalists/experts/commentators also like to talk him up to a GT-podium..
I guess Riis/Rasmussen set the bar high :eek::D:eek:
I'm portuguese and I see how the public reacts to everything Rui Costa says or do so..... I do believe you :D

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov

I'm exited to have Bobby Julich and Daniel Healey at @tinkoff_saxo ! They're the best coach and sport science and nutritionists in velosport

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov

I'm equally exited to have Sean Yates and Patxi Vila as a sport directors!They'll bring @tinkoff_saxo at new level of professionalism! #Cool

Great news for clean cycling. Thanks Oleg.

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
"Patxi Vila joins Tinkoff-Saxo as a directeur sportif after a modest career as a rider. He tested positive for testosterone in 2008 while riding for Lampre"

I like the way CN puts that. Makes it sound like a requirement for joining TS :D

TRENDING THREADS