• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How do you like your coffee?

How do you like your coffee?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Espresso and nothing else
1219_tired_smiley_drinking_coffee.gif

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Not a coffee drinker - the smell makes me nauseous and I hate the taste. :eek:

I'm probably the only one here that doesn't like coffee!

elapid said:

Nope. I like coffee ice cream but I really don't like to drink the stuff unless it is tarted up with so much sugar, milk, chocolate, and whatnot that it is no longer really coffee.

I am not big on things that you have to acquire a taste for, which might be why I don't like beer. I am probably going to be thrown off the island about now...

A

Anonymous

elapid said:

Well, in keeping with what I'm interested in.... beer (is there anything else?).

New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, Co., makes a beer with coffee. It's called Giddy Up. Oh yeah... if you can find it, buy it.

I love coffee. All types. But coffe in beer? Priceless.:D

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Nope. I like coffee ice cream but I really don't like to drink the stuff unless it is tarted up with so much sugar, milk, chocolate, and whatnot that it is no longer really coffee.

I am not big on things that you have to acquire a taste for, which might be why I don't like beer. I am probably going to be thrown off the island about now...

WHAT?!?! Surely you are kidding.. Are you trolling? My God, you don't like beer?! I, I, I'm speechless...:eek:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't drink it often, but if I do, Cappuccino will do for me.

BroDeal said:

ban.gif

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Well, in keeping with what I'm interested in.... beer (is there anything else?).

New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, Co., makes a beer with coffee. It's called Giddy Up. Oh yeah... if you can find it, buy it.

I love coffee. All types. But coffe in beer? Priceless.:D

You gotta love the New Belgium Brewery folks...:D What a great concept...I'd even venture to say it outranks redbull-vodka in terms of combining two very opposite libations...

As far as coffee goes, the Norwegians drink a very strong black coffee that I'm still struggling with. I take many a good natured comment when I add sugar in order to drink it. I'm told I'll only be really accepted here once I drink it black :D

A

Anonymous

none at all for 7 months.. :D

suffer from mild anxiety, and the fact that i used to drink about 10 cups day, each with about 3 spoons of coffee in it might have not helped..

7 months caffiene free and damn my stomach feels better for it..

A

Anonymous

caffeine is very closely linked with anxiety and stress.. no surprise that in the uk caffeine consumption was at an all time high about 18 months ago, and recorded cases of stress (medically) where at a record high as well (although obviously things like recession etc dont help, but most peoples refuge is coffee or tobacco)..

i was drinking an excessive amount a day, but also combining it with large quantities of chocolate (and only the best chocolate) so caffeine heaven.. :D

if i have a cup of coffee now in the morning i buzz my rockers off big time.. decaf tea in the morning, hot chocolate at night and water in the day, and my digestion is a million times better for it, breath better, everything.. im one of those annoying reformed coffee drinkers..

just wait till i give up smoking.. :D

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Cappuccino for me, although outside of Italy I can't get them the way I like.

Iced lattes with my wife after a (bike) ride.

I have a love/hate thing with coffee, I work shift work and can't get a good one at 3:00 am... when I really need it.

Bro... no coffee, no beer? How do you follow a long Saturday ride?

pedaling squares said:
Bro... no coffee, no beer? How do you follow a long Saturday ride?

The FLandis way: Hard liquor. ;)

Actually when doing lots of training, I have no desire to finish a ride with empty calories. So it is usually fruit, chocolate milk, a smoothie, or something for recovery unless I give in to temptation and chow down a pint of blackberry cabernet sorbet.

I don't mind things like frapaccinos, mocha lattes, and such, but those are more like coffee flavored candy drinks than coffee.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Whatever coffee's available at the time. At home I have no other means of making coffee than in a milk pan. Just pour water on the grounds, swirl a little, and pour when the grinds sink. I am currently enjoying café au lait made in this manner, and drunk from a pint glass in the mornings. A french press produces similar enough results to make it redundant. It might be nice to have an espresso machine at home, but really hardly anyone can grind coffee for them here. I don't know what people do about that.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Espresso.

Since everyone nowadays drops $18K on a carton-polymer-graphite two-wheeler no one has any spare money to buy a pre-WW II esspresso maker. Hence, I recommend the Bialetti:

184.jpg

It competes with a colnago in style, has a beefy bottom, and is vertically compliant. It makes one helluva laterally stiff cup o' Joe.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
My partner bought me a little Saeco machine so I didn't have to spend so much money at cafes on the way to work, now it just means I have two espressos before leaving the house and one on the way to work.

Got to cut down, but I just love the taste. And the whole ritual of grinding fresh beans and packing the filter basket is addictive in itself.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
In a bucket.:D

Nah, I have a café au lait in the morning, long black after a ride during the day and maybe a espesso in the evening.

Have to agree that the Old School stovetops are the best as well.

TRENDING THREADS