• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How healthy are you?

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
That sucks, mainly because I'm on a very tight budget. Those "super foods" are "super expensive". I get by mainly on olive oil, also I'm a major insomniac.

Should I spend more money on salmon and less on components?

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Fourier said:
That sucks, mainly because I'm on a very tight budget. Those "super foods" are "super expensive". I get by mainly on olive oil, also I'm a major insomniac.

Should I spend more money on salmon and less on components?

I don't think most of the superfoods are that expensive. Apples? Beans? Broccoli? Onions? Oranges? Tomatoes? Spinach? Tea?
Pretty basic foods.

The wild salmon and fruits that are not in season are probably the only expensive superfoods.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
75, but i think thats pretty much only because i'm veg, and eat a ton of fresh fruit and veg a day. aslo my stess managment =600km of bike time a week

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
THey forgot to ask "How often do you orgasm", "how often do you laugh" "are you in a subordinate position in employment" "how often do you have a bowel movement" "do you hold any irrational beleifs e.g. religion". I think those things also contribute to health or being unhealthy.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
too big a penalty for red meat! Anybody tried a Buffalo burger? It gives some insight into why the herd disappeared so fast - delicious!

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
johnnymiller said:
I got a 61 possibly because of my paleolithic type diet which is optimal for my metabolic type: slow oxidizer.

Mammoth meat?

btw anything approaching any shred of independent evidence for the existence of a "metabolic type", what a "paleolithic diet" is and the meaning of "slow oxidizer"?

Obviously any "evidence" from those with anything to gain financially by proposing these theories should be immediately dismissed with complete contempt, so I'm talking real evidence. Would make interesting reading, thx.

That is a pretty useless quiz. For instance, there are other types of fish with high fat content besides salmon (like mackerel, herring and sardines). You don't need multi-vitamin or Omega-3 tablets if you have a good diet. The list of superfoods is pretty arbitrary and doesn't match the list on the superfoods site (where are the oats?).

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
64/100
It tells that my eating is good but I need to exercise more .....:confused:
what about the 10 hours a week on the bike?

Must be because I said that I don't do any weight training ....hey what about the yoga :D

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Aapjes said:
That is a pretty useless quiz. For instance, there are other types of fish with high fat content besides salmon (like mackerel, herring and sardines). You don't need multi-vitamin or Omega-3 tablets if you have a good diet. The list of superfoods is pretty arbitrary and doesn't match the list on the superfoods site (where are the oats?).

Not a perfect quiz in any way, but it is kinda fun. Plus it does give you a basic idea of what you may need to improve on.

TRENDING THREADS