• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hugh Carthy discussion thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The man has dropped all GC guys on a MTF during a GT and that's not even enough to see a revival of this thread if not for me? :p

It's a shame he doesn't have a strong team to help him. Should he take a race lead at some point, he will be very vurnelable. Martinez DNFed, Van Garderen climbs like a sprinter recently, Cort is not the 2019 Dauphine Cort here, Woods is not really made to be a domestique (not a tempo rider, not a great descender, a poor rouleur etc.) and the rest are just 2nd rate heavy classics riders.

I smell a transfer to Ineos by 2022 at the latest.

7lgVxsQ.jpg
Hopefully my career is going to die the same way one day. :p

Their $$$s captured any spirit, free, caged, or even lost one like König.
But adding Carthy to their squad will really be an overkill. You only have 3 GTs in a season, when your team has more than 3 riders with aspiration and capability of winning one, something is robbed from the sport.
Unpopular opinion on CN forums: There are other races than the 3 GTs.

You think adding Yates, Martinez & Porte to a team with Carapaz, Bernal, and Thomas (& Tao, & Sivakov...) on the roster isn't overkill already?

Unpopular opinion on CN forums: There are other races than the 3 GTs.

You think adding Yates, Martinez & Porte to a team with Carapaz, Bernal, and Thomas (& Tao, & Sivakov...) on the roster isn't overkill already?

I also don't like team piling up top classic riders, but at least in one day race - even in the biggest ones - everyone has bigger chance to win for himself and not about slaving for someone else for 3 weeks. So QS's style of collecting top riders are easier to forgive than Ineos'.
Or you mean one week stage races? That's exactly it, something is wrong if these top climbers are hired to lead one-week races.
Or you mean these Ineos climbers are signed because they are thought to have a good shot at some big hilly classics? I don't think so.

About their next year rooster, yes it's bad enough already, especially after Hart's Giro.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS