• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head"

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hugh Januss said:
If all he did was reflected it the preceding idiotic exchange then I don't feel entirely comfortable with his enforced vacation. If simply posting stupid stuff was grounds for a ban most of us would be gone.:D

True, but let's look on the bright side: Cobby can work on his English on his vacation and hopefully his "contributions" will be more intelligable when he returns.

Back to McIlvain: in my own (limited) life experience, pretty much everyone I've dealt with (including myself at age 19) that is an angry drunk usually has some very serious real life problems that are not being dealt with directly or rationally. For McIlvain to be leaving drunken threatening messages on Besty Andreu's answering machine I have to think that she has got some major issues going on.

Here's to hoping that this woman confronts the truth at her upcoming Grand Jury summons. As we've seen repeatedly in this whole sordid mess, the truth will set people free and allow them to move forward with some modicum of personal peace.

A

Anonymous

kielbasa said:
Answering your question would take this thread OT, so I'll decline the bait. I made my remarks simply to point out that bringing up insurance fraud by Oakley/Lance will not be helpful to the prosecution in the current political climate. Your sentiments actually illustrate that.

+1............

BikeCentric said:
Back to McIlvain: in my own (limited) life experience, pretty much everyone I've dealt with (including myself at age 19) that is an angry drunk usually has some very serious real life problems that are not being dealt with directly or rationally. For McIlvain to be leaving drunken threatening messages on Besty Andreu's answering machine I have to think that she has got some major issues going on.

Here's to hoping that this woman confronts the truth at her upcoming Grand Jury summons. As we've seen repeatedly in this whole sordid mess, the truth will set people free and allow them to move forward with some modicum of personal peace.

"Guilt upon the conscience, like rust upon iron, both defiles and consumes it, gnawing and creeping into it, as that does which at last eats out the very heart and substance of the metal. "

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Cobblestoned is now taking a one-month vacation from the forum.

Susan

Much appreciated. We usually have about three or four trolls who are constantly attacking other members without any reason and generally always looking for opportunities to ruin interesting and educated discussions.

thehog said:
"Guilt upon the conscience, like rust upon iron, both defiles and consumes it, gnawing and creeping into it, as that does which at last eats out the very heart and substance of the metal. "

One would have to make the stretch that some of these characters have a conscience.

As for the insurance situation, I never insinuated that Armstrong should not have gotten treatment.

But many people without the clout that he has have had to suffer considerable consequences for being in exactly the same situation.

This, by the way, happens to people every day in the US.

Riding Shotgun

In case it hasn't been explained already (and even if it has, because I'm bored and we need some levity), I'll explain "shotgun" for our international friends.

"Shotgun, "calling shotgun", or "riding shotgun" are all references to riding in the front seat, next to the driver (as opposed to being stuck in the back seat, possibly squeezed in with several other passengers). It's usually called out if you want to sit up front and avoid the crunch.

The term comes from the American old west, when stagecoaches travelled long distances through dangerous territory, often carrying valuables, mail, and passengers.

To ensure the safety of the stage, an additional stage line employee would ride up on the outside front seat, next to the driver, carrying a shotgun. His job was to look out for danger, and use the shotgun for defense while the driver was allowed to stay focussed on driving the stage. The position was referred to as "riding shotgun"...

;)

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
...not to mention the 500k donation to the hospital for document shredding.

Was this the same Hospital that saved his life?

So it cost the hospital $50 bucks to shred documents.
A few thousand more for a Thank You Statue.

Big wup, still plenty left over for good causes.

The hospital that shredded berzin's old allergy paperwork are out 50 bucks:(

Anyone care to guess how much Lance has donated to LiveStrong?
I would guess $10mil+

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Was this the same Hospital that saved his life?

So it cost the hospital $50 bucks to shred documents.
A few thousand more for a Thank You Statue.

Big wup, still plenty left over for good causes.

The hospital that shredded berzin's old allergy paperwork are out 50 bucks:(

Anyone care to guess how much Lance has donated to LiveStrong?
I would guess $10mil+

Anyone care to guess how much he`s milked the very same for?:rolleyes:

Berzin said:
One would have to make the stretch that some of these characters have a conscience.

My point being that Miss Oakley Rep wanted to be caught. Wanted to be released. That’s why she left the messages. She wanted them to be one day used as evidence. Not a conscious action but one of someone going a little insane inside and wanted to purge the demon. As I keep saying. These are not the actions of someone who’s in control of the situation. Great pressure is coming from above and from the side.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
In case it hasn't been explained already (and even if it has, because I'm bored and we need some levity), I'll explain "shotgun" for our international friends.

"Shotgun, "calling shotgun", or "riding shotgun" are all references to riding in the front seat, next to the driver (as opposed to being stuck in the back seat, possibly squeezed in with several other passengers). It's usually called out if you want to sit up front and avoid the crunch.

The term comes from the American old west, when stagecoaches travelled long distances through dangerous territory, often carrying valuables, mail, and passengers.

To ensure the safety of the stage, an additional stage line employee would ride up on the outside front seat, next to the driver, carrying a shotgun. His job was to look out for danger, and use the shotgun for defense while the driver was allowed to stay focussed on driving the stage. The position was referred to as "riding shotgun"...

;)

Do you use the term "Suicide doors" to descibe old cars that had the front doors that hinged at the central piller?....the idea being that if you opened em while driving you`d risk geting pulled out by the wind.:D

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
My point being that Miss Oakley Rep wanted to be caught. Wanted to be released. That’s why she left the messages. She wanted them to be one day used as evidence. Not a conscious action but one of someone going a little insane inside and wanted to purge the demon. As I keep saying. These are not the actions of someone who’s in control of the situation. Great pressure is coming from above and from the side.

Bingo

Stephanie's histrionics are just her way of excusing her actions to her ex. She is going to have to tell the truth to the GJ. Crying to Armstrong that Novitzky is pressuring her is just a nice way to excuse her actions....."He made me do it"

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
...or put it another way: How much has Livestrong donated to Lance?

Well, we do know that the charity paid close to $2,000,000 for his private jet last year. We also know that he will make over $12,000,000 from the pimping of the charities name to Demand Media.

Race Radio said:
Well, we do know that the charity paid close to $2,000,000 for his private jet last year. We also know that he will make over $12,000,000 from the pimping of the charities name to Demand Media.

All that is going to come to a grinding halt for him very soon.

And it isn't so much that he cheated, it's his vehement denials and the self-righteous tone of how he was simply the hardest working man in the peloton.

There's no explaining that to his soon-to-be former true believers.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Bingo

Stephanie's histrionics are just her way of excusing her actions to her ex. She is going to have to tell the truth to the GJ. Crying to Armstrong that Novitzky is pressuring her is just a nice way to excuse her actions....."He made me do it"

Who is her "ex"? Did her and Lance ever date? Is she still married? Just curious.

A

Anonymous

NashbarShorts said:
In another thread on this forum, Cobble ADMITTED to owning two full Postal kits. Seriously. (In other news, the sky is still blue.)

That's surprising because I was convinced he does not ride a bike.

He wouldn't buy those for quality chamois time on the couch watching DVD's of his hero winning the TdF, would he?? Nahhhh.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
kielbasa said:
Answering your question would take this thread OT, so I'll decline the bait. I made my remarks simply to point out that bringing up insurance fraud by Oakley/Lance will not be helpful to the prosecution in the current political climate. Your sentiments actually illustrate that.

BS!

You mentioned "Obamacare" first, (provided the bait) not me so please stop with this aloof, condescending nonsense.

As to the second point, No one should be denied medical care for pre existing conditions.

BTW, Pharmstrong will be going to prison on his merits;).

Darryl Webster said:
Do you use the term "Suicide doors" to descibe old cars that had the front doors that hinged at the central piller?....the idea being that if you opened em while driving you`d risk geting pulled out by the wind.:D

You bet, brother!

You mean like on a fire engine red '65 Lincoln convertible?

1965%20lincoln%20Continental%20(2).JPG

Race Radio said:

Don't worry Lance is doing his best and he and Bono are working on ways that "One" and "Livestrong" can join together.

Judging by an article in the New York Post today they will be a great match!

__

ONE gives only a pittance in direct charitable support to its causes -- something Borochoff said the average donor might not realize.

The Bono nonprofit took in $14,993,873 in public donations in 2008, the latest year for which tax records are available.

Of that, $184,732 was distributed to three charities, according to the IRS filing.

Meanwhile, more than $8 million was spent on executive and employee salaries.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/poor_idea_bono_bsUzJMfT2mBJbqyXgp6YoO

A

Anonymous

Anyone that hasn't figured out yet that all these "charitable foundations" are nothing more than an accountant's wet dream simply are not living in the real world.

Livestrong is a gigantic first class scam that has made Armstrong more money, personally, than all of the sponsorships put together.

You have to wonder about the people that donate to all these things. Do they really think that the money is going to something useful? You have to feel sorry for them really.

Does it never strike people odd that all of these guys who have no concern about anything in the world beyond themselves suddenly get "religion" on the philanthropy front when they start making big money?

Lemmings.

Bloody Lemmings.

May 23, 2010
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS