• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Iberostar Challenge Ciclista Mallorca

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
. Lars Petter Nordhaug (Sky) 3:55:27
2. Rui Costa (Movistar) a a 26
3. Sergio Luis Henao (Sky) a 28
4. Jakob Fulsang (RadioShack) a 35
5. Tiago Machado (RadioShack) a 45

Within 2 km, a half minute gap? Not bad.

:eek::eek::eek:

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
nordhaug is not weak,he never had the means to prove all his potential,he's strong trust me,we'll see this season

and sergio already showing his class in europe :)

Never said he was.

Henao is tipped for great things in this years giro if he allowed off leadout duty

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting that Gerald Ciolek became somehow stronger on the non-sprinter's terrain. 13th on Willunga TDU stage (+0:43) and 10th today (+0:57)...

Have to say I've never been so happy about a result in Challenge Mallorca! :D

Nordhaug is an awesome guy and it's so good to finally see him deliver according to his potential. Even if it's just a small victory it will definitely boost his confidence and his status within the team.

maltiv said:

Nordhaug is an awesome guy and it's so good to finally see him deliver according to his potential. Even if it's just a small victory it will definitely boost his confidence and his status within the team.
You already said he had great form... why? For the Mallorca Challenge?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:

I don't Mordhaug had great form, he had same form as the rest of peleton that were on training camps. He showed his strenght at the end. It's riders like Machado that dissapointed today imo as they raced already in TdU. Sky Ownage :p

theyoungest said:
Basically because it's the first time since he had mono that he's had an off-season without being ill all the time. He certainly didn't plan to be in top shape by now, which I hope he isn't either. I guess Julich (who became his coach this year) has created a good plan for him.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:

They gave him some freedom in some of the one day races last year, so you gotta hope that Gerrans leaving will give him a bit more freedom this year. Uran should clearly be the main man, with probably Froome, but Nordhaug should be there in the next tier with Henao. Then the likes of Lofkvist, Porte etc.

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
hatcher said:
They gave him some freedom in some of the one day races last year, so you gotta hope that Gerrans leaving will give him a bit more freedom this year. Uran should clearly be the main man, with probably Froome, but Nordhaug should be there in the next tier with Henao. Then the likes of Lofkvist, Porte etc.
I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Porte and Froome will have the same race programme as Wiggins, thus not including the Ardennes (or maybe it was Porte and Rogers?).

Uran, Nordhaug, Lovkvist, Henao would make a pretty decent quartet.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Duartista said:
I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Porte and Froome will have the same race programme as Wiggins, thus not including the Ardennes (or maybe it was Porte and Rogers?).

Uran, Nordhaug, Lovkvist, Henao would make a pretty decent quartet.

Froome is doing Algarve, Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine. Whether he will ride the 3 one-day biggies before Romandie I'm not sure.

Tomorrows stage looks quite similar to today's, but even harder. Nordhaug should have a good chance to double up, but will probably be a much more marked man tomorrow. Either way, the strongest guy will probably win as it's up and down all day, culminating in an ascend up the hardest side of Puig Major.

TRENDING THREADS