• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2014

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Dan Martin with fantastic timing, congratulations! Valverde so dumb omfg, why throwing a Lombardia win for 250 meters of head wind... :eek:

Rui Costa 3rd! Awesome. :)

Sure, everyone looked at each other, but let's bash on Valverde... :rolleyes:

Nice ride by Costa, rode a lot in the front and was crucial so that the first group could stay away.

Nice win by Dan Martin, deserved winner and a great race.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Alberto in a fall, crap:mad:

He's not hurt, besides he was crap today. At the bright side he prob won't go to china now and valverde ****ed up again a certain victory.

Life is good.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the criticism of the course stands up. Any race where you've Albasini and Gilbert up front alongside pure climbers is pretty well balanced.

trevim said:
Great race from Costa, going after lots of moves (Gilbert, Sanchez and Wellens) and still has the legs to go for the podium. I'm happy for him!

Also for Martin who didn't crash today, seriously good from him. He can focus on Roubai now :D

Reminded my of Montréal where he did most attacks on the last lap and still managed to finish second behind Gerrans. Too bad he had a bad day in Ponferrada.