• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Il Lombardia 2022, one day monument, October 8, farewell to Nibali and Valverde

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well the first part of winning is showing up. Roglic unfortunately also will not be racing. Thanks Fed Wright.
Simon Yates out during a training crash. Unrelated, Fred Wright was seen smiling in the bushes nearby.

View: https://twitter.com/GreenEDGEteam/status/1576881938748801029
Are you doing a very poor attempt at trolling or still actively believing in and spreading this conspiracy theory? Seriously, get a grip or go find yourself an echo chamber rather than polluting the thread.

Vincenzo looks like a grandpa in the last photo and we were born on the same day. Jeez, I'm old.
Sorry to be serious when u are joking around, but these athlete who do extreme endurance sport are generally not the pinnacle of health and will not age very well.

Their cortisol levels are consistently elevated beyond the normal range, very low bone density and fragile, a lot of hours under the sun's rays with minimal sun screening, under and over developed muscle groups in different areas. Extreme metabolic rates as well.

People like Vincenzo, Bala, Gilbert, Rebellin are legends and have great longevity on the bike, but in normal clothes in November they look well beyond their age.

And then there is Pozzovivo who still somehow look 18

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Sorry to be serious when u are joking around, but these athlete who do extreme endurance sport are generally not the pinnacle of health and will not age very well.

Their cortisol levels are consistently elevated beyond the normal range, very low bone density and fragile, a lot of hours under the sun's rays with minimal sun screening, under and over developed muscle groups in different areas. Extreme metabolic rates as well.

People like Vincenzo, Bala, Gilbert, Rebellin are legends and have great longevity on the bike, but in normal clothes in November they look well beyond their age.

And then there is Pozzovivo who still somehow look 18

This is a blessing for Quintana, he will always look the same.

I find strange the Nibali vs Valverde argument.
Besides being out of my general approach to the sport it's also kind of remote in the sense of their profiles.
They were, indeed, targeting lots of the same races, and that's where valid answers lie, but the two come across rather differently to me.

A matter of preference basically.

TRENDING THREADS