• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Indonesian Bike Shops?

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
While searching online for deals I came across some bike shops in Indonesia that seem to have some high-end frames and other parts for less than half the cost of U.S. and other dealers.

Does anyone know anything about these shops? Are they legitimate?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Omg

Those prices are 1/3 to 1/10 of retail in North America. I think I'd try a cheaper product to see if customs slaps on %300 duty.

You coule discover that the 1200 you spent on the new SR groupo could cost 2000 in duty and taxes when it arrives.

Pretty obvious how much we get gouged for bike parts just because we can afford more than an average indonesian. These are not cheap in Indonesia even at 16 for an Easton carbon bar we pay 200 for. That 16 is oftem more than a days earnings.

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
It does seem to be too good to be true. Perhaps you could ask Cervelo through their website if this outlet is 1 of their official distributors.
There is also a distinct possibility that these frames and gear are knock offs from China....
Very tempting though.....

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Try googling - Indonesia Bike Scam.

It happened to me. I lost $10,000 trying to import 'dirt cheap' Dura Ace, and Ultegra groupsets, and Zipp Wheelsets

Don't waste your money....it definitely is too good to be true!!

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
cbikego said:
Try googling - Indonesia Bike Scam.

It happened to me. I lost $10,000 trying to import 'dirt cheap' Dura Ace, and Ultegra groupsets, and Zipp Wheelsets

Don't waste your money....it definitely is too good to be true!!

Nuff said. Thanks for the heads up.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
haha. was looking through the website and clicked on the zipp 808. the description of the wheelset has been copied over from onetri.com. as the last sentence mentions one tri. surely they would realise to delete it. oh well i guess we know.:)

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
yep, avoid indonesia altogether. I know two different people who thought they where going to end up with a cheap batch of zipp wheels... lost more than 10,000 each.