• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Froome The only rider who can take down Contador in the tour?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome The only rider who can take down Contador in the tour?

• Contador is lucky that Wiggins will ride the giro (lol option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
serfla said:
Hey, Ryo... Look at this:

Tour de France 2010
Stage 19: Bordeaux - Pauillac 52km

1 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team Saxo Bank 1:00:56
2 Tony Martin (Ger) Team HTC - Columbia 0:00:17
3 Bert Grabsch (Ger) Team HTC - Columbia 0:01:48
4 Ignatas Konovalovas (Ltu) Cervelo Test Team 0:02:34
5 David Zabriskie (USA) Garmin - Transitions 0:03:00
6 Koos Moerenhout (Ned) Rabobank 0:03:03
7 Vasili Kiryienka (Blr) Caisse d'Epargne 0:03:10
8 Maarten Tjallingii (Ned) Rabobank 0:03:21
9 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Professional Cycling Team 0:03:33
10 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Sky Professional Cycling Team 0:03:38
35 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Astana 0:05:43
... Or it doesn't count?

shipment_of_fail.jpg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
Good grief, Airstream moulding arguements around what he can win!!!

2010 Bordeaux to Paulliac......... The contenders for the race rode into a very strong headwind that had developed during the day, early riders pushing into a 5mph wind the contenders 15 - 20mph....THAT was the significant feature of that Time Trial, nothing else!!

don't bother telling people that have the memory of an alzheimer

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
These discussions go to nowhehe. You fanatically defend Contador and you will necessarily make up another excuses if he loses the Tour.

Does anyone prefer to consider Froome an unconditionally better tt'er? No. Most people just think he has some edge in this exercise.

As I see some already unobtrusively ascribed Contador the advantage in techinique aspect. Based on what is quite unclear.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Oh look the two people who believe Froome >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alberto in tts are Schleck fans. What a surprise :rolleyes:
Don't make up things, you rude girl.
Who has ever said that?

Wave to Tony.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
brilliant tony was a beast that day, a monster, i didn't even mind him crushing Alberto and by the way I also loved the scene at the finish Alberto showed himself to be a true gentleman.
Taylor Phinney would have caught him too.
He wasn't such gentleman on the road.

where are you from if I may ask?

by the way don't you mean "genius creature"????
No, I don't mean.
Why would you like to know where I'm from? What difference does it make?
You can try to guess. It would be more entertaining.

Btw, I thought I'm on your ignore list.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Convinced Serfla and Airstream are sockpuppets!!!

I keep telling you Airstream people can only go on the available evidence and in that Froome doesn't come close to Berto, he's won nothing. They have never gone against each other mano a mano in peak condition (neither of them were at La Vuelta but maybe comparable) Contador won the personal battle hands down.

Lets wait and see what happens when they are at peak, then we can argue at length (I still think Froome has clinic related issues like Sky in general)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Oh look the two people who believe Froome >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alberto in tts are Schleck fans. What a surprise :rolleyes:

Who cares? Or the fact that Froome is a better TT'er is your personal challenge? :p

Sirius Cat said:
Convinced Serfla and Airstream are sockpuppets!!!

I keep telling you Airstream people can only go on the available evidence and in that Froome doesn't come close to Berto, he's won nothing. They have never gone against each other mano a mano in peak condition (neither of them were at La Vuelta but maybe comparable) Contador won the personal battle hands down.
Based on your memories, you are an experienced cycling fans, however you act like a child. When Andy pulled off at PN last year, you started yelling about a cunning Tour plan, hogmix and all that jazz. Nothing chanhes. Now you are assuring me that Froome is nothing because he hasn't won anything. You know man everything happens for the first time in life. Though, I have no doubt you will take refuge in criteria of palmares and denegrate other GC riders for many many years. Is that an unashamed fanboy's nature, right? :)

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Please elaborate :confused:
It's simple.
If Phinney have started immediately after Contador, he would catch him too.
The point is - Tony wasn't that brilliant. Just on expected level.

Edit:
About gentleman... Contador wasn't such gentleman at the moment Tony caught him. That gesture he made was anything but classy.

I'd just like to know
Then try to guess.

airstream said:
However the result of 09 TT is posted with no lesser enthusiasm, isn't it?

You said Contador would never achieve the tt prowess of Froome. So for this discussion, yes only the tt where he blew away Cancellara counts. Doesnt matter how many times he finished 30th or last or outside the time limit on tts, so long as we can show 1 tt where he was top dog thats all that is needed to disprove your comment.

TRENDING THREADS