• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Michele Ferrari recommending bloodtranfusions as treatment on his webpage???

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Any suggestions?

If you have one of Australia's major universities around, you can always read and photo copy the hard version of the journal in the library.

Most of the regional universities have electronic access to the journals but these days you require student login details in order to access them.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
peterst6906 said:
If you have one of Australia's major universities around, you can always read and photo copy the hard version of the journal in the library.

Most of the regional universities have electronic access to the journals but these days you require student login details in order to access them.

Thanks. :eek: I had forgotten about Unis and their libraries - there's one up the road from me. Much obliged. They would have studies and textbooks.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Thanks. :eek: I had forgotten about Unis and their libraries - there's one up the road from me. Much obliged. They would have studies and textbooks.

They'll have both.

If its a large university, each department or faculty may have a library that will have most of the topical textbooks and journals and will be easier to find material.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
I might even pretend to be a student and hit up a lecturer ;)

Haha...at big unis they'll have no clue if you walk up and talk to them, but I think you'll find that it would be easier to just tell a lecturer the truth and arrange a meeting.

Most lecturers don't spend much time with undergrads and leave tutorials/labs, etc. To the post grads.

So you could arrange a meeting with a lecturer and explain what you are interested in and most will be happy to assist. The alternative would be to speak with a postgrad, who might take the time to explain the science rather than simply pointing to or providing references.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
peterst6906 said:
Haha...at big unis they'll have no clue if you walk up and talk to them, but I think you'll find that it would be easier to just tell a lecturer the truth and arrange a meeting.

Most lecturers don't spend much time with undergrads and leave tutorials/labs, etc. To the post grads.

So you could arrange a meeting with a lecturer and explain what you are interested in and most will be happy to assist. The alternative would be to speak with a postgrad, who might take the time to explain the science rather than simply pointing to or providing references.

Yes it was attempt at humour, I am not into lying ;)

In my experience, lecturers were willing to help people who were curious, and had made an attempt already. They tended to eject you from the office when you just came expecting answers.

Lots of possibilities. Thanks again.